Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is revells kit straight out the box. Got it for xmas when it first came out (!) After numerous attempts at spraying it I put it away until a couple months ago. I some fairy power spray to strip the pain of, and after a good sand it was good enough to paint. There were several layers of paint on it!
Body colour is a ford colour and the interiror is citadel paints skull white with bleached bone aka cream tuck n roll. Theres a few scuffs on it as i dropped something and it got hit :( The fender skirts didnt want to sit right either. Oh well its done and on the shelf. I'd do a better job if i got the kit again. I hhad everything except the body painted years a go and added the cream to the tuck n roll more recently to add come detail to the interior. I also bare metal foiled the window trims.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something I hadn't done before was add a black wash to the panel/door gaps to add detail. Simple but effective I think.

·
I'm a numpty !
58 Posts
Looks good and I definitely think the wash works, I've not tried it yet but will do on my next light coloured build.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have dozens of unfinished models, that are waiting to be re-erected,
but your Merc turned out nice.
.....nope, turned out Great ! :tup:

Liking the traditional red and white colour scheme.

Wash idea for panel gaps is a personal favourite.
I use a dark shade of the body colour, which defines the gap without it looking too deep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cool, i have started one of these mercs but from an actual 50's kit i found on ebay years ago. as i paint cars for a living, i tried out painting the shell in water base paint and lacquer. Came out awesome after plastic priming first. Yours looks great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts