Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Interesting project,keep it coming, enjoying This!

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Well found my old thread so bump
Any progress?
Or just trying to re-ignite your own enthusiasm?
I found it helpful sometimes to read through my own thread to remind myself what done.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Good to see your photos, wow, you got some mods going on there

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
not easy to build a car with combined restraints of no money and physical limitations! Well done, keep the pics coming

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
I like the longer window.

How did you do the bead rolling? Apologies if you already told us somewhere

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Race car sold ,less than I wanted but MSD had packed up . Still got her running , 4 year old fuel still worked !!! and new owner drove it onto trailer . So that will be a shrinker/stretcher and folder on order and some airbags and tank.
sometimes we have to sell stuff to finance what we're building, good to see you continuing to make progress in spite of your wrist and your work situation.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
So after 3 days off (stuff to sort/do) I made a start on front suspension working out where strut will go, need some 2ins id tube to make strut bottom bracket. Top mounts came this afternoon, they have a spherical top bearing so there should be no stress as angle changes. Will make the top mounting adjustable, using the camber/castor settings from Omega -1. 7 deg neg camber and if I remember right 5 deg castor. Need to buy a digital angle finder now.
Need to work out strut towers now, have some 1ins box 3 or 4mm wall so think that will do for (3 leg?) frame that will be filled in with 3 mm sheet . Recon I can get a strut brace across front of engine as well, will double up as cooling fan mounting.
Thing I dont like is the airbag top plate just sits around the damper shaft and is not secured to it, bolt that screws into top of shaft needs a large washer under or plate will eventually work over the bolt head . Nothing I can't work out, one thing I am not sure on is rack height to stop bump steer. Know how it works with wishbones but not 100% on strut.
You are brave to do all that stuff!

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Good to see this making progress, well done

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
I don't mind doing wiring, but that lot doesn't look like fun!
Hope you can get it all sorted

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Top marks to you for continuing to progress your build, not letting lack of funds prevent you. Shows it can be done, less money sometimes just means more reliance on ingenuity, and makes it an even bigger challenge.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Glad to see your continued progress.
How far are you now from going for the 1st drive around the block?

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Nice to see it in paint. You're getting there!

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Working in the cold is tougher for us as we get older.
Good on you for persevering with it.
I put a wood burning stove in my garage, warms it up a treat.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Replying to earlier post, I read your thread but don't always reply.
I've got a spare Morris minor front bumper complete with valance if you want to try it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts