Rods 'n' Sods banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Stuck in yesterday (and today waiting for snow to melt) thought I would look on the bay as need heater blower, the "hair dryer" type. Bugger me some one has a load for sale doing a clear out, bit more than I wanted to pay but thats one more thing sorted.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Stuck in yesterday (and today waiting for snow to melt) thought I would look on the bay as need heater blower, the "hair dryer" type. Bugger me some one has a load for sale doing a clear out, bit more than I wanted to pay but thats one more thing sorted.
Do you have a link ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi

Sorry I misunderstood I though it came with a matrix as well.

I have one from the rear of a taxi and was looking for something less bulky.

Still the grinder can sort that out.

Paul

·
Registered
516 Posts
well hole saws came, swiss cheese bulkhead now. Heater blower came, bloody couriers the case is smashed. Packaged fine so most have dropped something heavy on it, on to seller. Welder playing up with the wire feed , need to strip the liner out . Bit of a sod as making the ABS pump mount, managed to tack it together good enough for position. Wiring looks like the cats been playing with it, still a lot to sort but thats a pic of how much has been removed.

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
araldite or similar epoxy 2 part resin. maybe first glue a 'splint' come bridging piece inside the case to then glue the bits to. that'd give more surface area for the glue to hold onto.
neil.

·
Registered
516 Posts
2 days work and have most of the rats nest sorted , still loads to fettle but need to do a lot more stuff yet to know where its all going. Bloody cold this afternoon as ran out of fuel for space heater, cant get red diesel till next week so looks like a day in the warm (home) again. Roll on spring!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not that bad (okay for me to say) breaking it down into sections, wires to rear lights , fuel pump and gauge. Centre locking and windows, wipers, engine bay and headlamps . Just wait till I start on engine wiring----------------

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
Not that bad (okay for me to say) breaking it down into sections, wires to rear lights , fuel pump and gauge. Centre locking and windows, wipers, engine bay and headlamps . Just wait till I start on engine wiring----------------
that doesn't include the engine wiring???? :shock:

·
Registered
516 Posts
A bit but most of engine stuff (ECU Relays for fan, fuel pump etc )is under bonnet , have to make a box for that and not much room. The wires hanging over heater are spare, red bat + , black ign + and brown earth. Still working out under dash relays!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sorted some more excess wires out, removed yards!! I think its a "strange" way the loom is made, 2 ign live cables running from connection behind steering wheel all the way to the front going to 2 separate plugs. Not switched either and just an earth on the other pin, same for 2 more plugs (think side marker/day light lamps?) that come off headlamp feed . Found the screen wash wires, they went to a large plug that had terminals for headlamp wash so that all came out.
Next job is strip out redundant plugs and extra fan relays in under bonnet wiring, 2 fan relays and extras for cars with air con .

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I don't mind doing wiring, but that lot doesn't look like fun!
Hope you can get it all sorted

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good job I dont mind wiring but when the diagram is one fits all it doesn't always match/make sense . Basic car (ex cop) but the loom is made for all accessories. Gradually working through it but until all the build is finished I cant make it fit so there will be more to do on final/mock up build.

·
Premium Member
14,082 Posts
at least you'll have less to play with by then.

281 - 300 of 327 Posts