Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Lots of odd bits done today, fuel filler pipe sorted now I have elbow hose. Just need a T for the breather. Ordered the wrong size hose to connect heater fan but made up the end so it fitted enough to line up mounting bracket , made that and the wiring tray to guide loom around cross bar. Tidied up the loom going through passenger side and relocated central locking units . Then just for something to do I made the brackets to hold under seat bins in place.
Not much to look at but its jobs done and ticked of the list . Not sure what to do tomorrow but I do need to sort some more crap out for the skips.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well yesterday filled two large bin bags with crap, moved stuff around and did a lot of sorting to give me more room.
So today took n/s body panel off, welded inner sill to B post and tidied some pin holes then fitted body side back on and with a bit of persuasion it fits perfectly. Took o/s off and found it didnt need welding ,did a bit of fettling and refitted it . Will have to take it back off and reshape inner arch as the radius is wrong, bit of cut and shut needed. Made a template for roll bar so as soon as I have ££s that will get made then sides can be glued on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
like the integration of the new stuff with the old. I'm of the same mind- use as much of the donor as possible so that it all plugs in and plays nicely. I'm a fair way from that point though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well I'm hoping it drives "modern" , at least it will have good brakes . Got the o/s panel to fit, cleared all the tools and crap out so I can give it a good vac tomorrow. Again not sure what I will do tomorrow but need to do a skip run on the way home.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Did a few odds and ends this morning, loaded all the crap in my motor and did the skip run before it pisses down!!!!
Its a shame I have all that leather that's the wrong colour, wondering if leather paint would work/last????

·
Premium Member
14,296 Posts
most aren't paint these days, but more a dye that says will bond to the leather/vinyl instead of being on top of it. i've used black with good results.
neil.

401 - 406 of 406 Posts