Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
521 - 526 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
So after some jiggery pokery with jack and axle stands and a fair bit of cussing I managed to get the body on chassis with all the bolts in place, still have to tighten them but had enough by 5 pm and it was bloody hot. Its now sat on my wheeled frame so it can get scooted around. Fun tomorrow moving the Integra------------

·
Registered
803 Posts
So after much moving of stuff , swearing and much use of the jack, stands and a good crowbar the Teg is now on the lift and I have work space!!!! Started playing with the rear door/hatch , as I am going to a VW show will see if I can get any repair sections to make window frames.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
803 Posts
Found a rear door slam panel cut at the VW show , cost me £50 though ! and a outer skin repair panel . Will see if it will all work today but I feel lots of head scratching coming on--------

·
Registered
803 Posts
Head was dually scratched, looks like it will work. Now working out some hidden hinges for the bottom of clam rear doors, welded the hinge fixings from top of door frame into bottom . Cut the old outer skin off as bottom edge had rotted away , need to make a flange for bottom edge and then get an outer skin repair panel . Plenty to do on top section with inner frame and window flanges to make.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Great , worked out the hinges and took pattern to agri merchant over the road. lad that does plasma cutting just started 2 weeks hols, bugger. Started to make window frames instead, pic when more done.

521 - 526 of 526 Posts