Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
521 - 540 of 744 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So after some jiggery pokery with jack and axle stands and a fair bit of cussing I managed to get the body on chassis with all the bolts in place, still have to tighten them but had enough by 5 pm and it was bloody hot. Its now sat on my wheeled frame so it can get scooted around. Fun tomorrow moving the Integra------------

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So after much moving of stuff , swearing and much use of the jack, stands and a good crowbar the Teg is now on the lift and I have work space!!!! Started playing with the rear door/hatch , as I am going to a VW show will see if I can get any repair sections to make window frames.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Found a rear door slam panel cut at the VW show , cost me £50 though ! and a outer skin repair panel . Will see if it will all work today but I feel lots of head scratching coming on--------

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Head was dually scratched, looks like it will work. Now working out some hidden hinges for the bottom of clam rear doors, welded the hinge fixings from top of door frame into bottom . Cut the old outer skin off as bottom edge had rotted away , need to make a flange for bottom edge and then get an outer skin repair panel . Plenty to do on top section with inner frame and window flanges to make.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Great , worked out the hinges and took pattern to agri merchant over the road. lad that does plasma cutting just started 2 weeks hols, bugger. Started to make window frames instead, pic when more done.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well after a long weekends camping and picking up bits to do my friends camper conversion I have spent all week fitting the interior out, she is well pleased . Its a short wheel base Vauxhall Traffic or is that a Renault Vivaro? , her sons ex builders van but its not knocked about and as it was fitted out as a 7 seater has the sides and roof covered in ply and material.
Property Window Plant Vehicle Interior design

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Should have said waiting on a sink due to an Amazon fail , cupboard doors will be all done in that green . Some I had kicking around that I donated as well as 2 Camping Gaz bottles and a regulator . I have enjoyed doing this, needed a break from the Austin as loosing my mojo a bit , next weeks a bust as well with stuff on .

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Not in the mood for welding/ fab today so made the brake pipes up for the front, the o/s will get bent up when inner wing is on . Slight bit of fettling needed when they get final fitted and might find they foul something when it all goes together but they should be fine .
Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sink turned yesterday for my friends camper conversion , had to do a 3 mile detour to get to my unit and pick up the gear (knew I should have left it all at home) . Rain forecast for middle morning and have to work out side so made it back to the van by 9 am , managed to get it done and start making another unit and wire up a spotlight to the hook up before it peed down about 2.30 . Have to trouble shoot the mains hook up , think its the plug/socket not making a connection . Meter time.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Managed 2 days working on the tail gate , getting there but need more welding gas. Defiantly allergic to my unit, sinus blocked again from all the dust. My glasses steam up when wearing a mask and if I take them off I cant see clearly . Inner frame on VW tail gate is so thin with welder turned down as low as it goes its blowing holes /melting it away even with tack welds.
My lad came and did a bit to his Honda !!!! cleaned and painted 2 front suspension bits , all of 1 hour then left----------
I have till the 20th of this month to do as much as I can, then its 2 weeks self isolation before I go for a big operation that will take 2 to 3 months to recover from, getting as much bare metal bits into primer as possible to stop rust. Painted (rattle caned ) the inside of bulkhead and some rear panels till ran out of spray

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
upper rear door more or less sorted, have ready mix on standby to deliver the filler!!!! A few wobbles in the flat panel that I tried to shrink out but it didnt work. Rear valance bent up , reg plate will be "tunnelled" and removeable for tow bar. Panel to be made with rear lamps set in. Started to make lower door/tailgate , Its only 11 inches high due to 3 inch channel . Took some progress pics .
Vehicle Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Number plate set in , LED light mounting made and fasteners fitted . There will be a dummy one in middle to match and the wire buckles will be removed so it looks like screw heads. Need a repair skin for lower door , still waiting for the hinge arms to be plasma cut. Run out of steel to make light housings , still not sure on position yet . Still have a few months to mull that over.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Good news , I dont have to self isolate till 72 hrs before going into hospital , just have to social distance till then so have ordered the tail gate skin and a new latch.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
RICH OR LUCKY , door skin repair panel came and its noddled for the joint already . Best bit is its spot on for height 10 3/4 ins and the door is 11 ins so just right for a glue joint. Had to come back home as electrician had a job cancelled so was coming to fit replacement heater in my flat. Now that turned out right again as treated frame to weld primer , that will be set by Fri when I can fit the skin.

521 - 540 of 744 Posts