Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
581 - 600 of 787 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well made the seal sections, waiting for the weld through primer to dry. So made the front roof section, went a lot easier than I thought it would. Still a bit of tension in it as it would not curve
Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

but it clamps in fine, will be fine welded in .

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Bit the bullet and bought an electric mastic gun, loads of ali to steel bits to do including that roof section . Will have loads of Tiger seal to do as well around rear arches and rear floor.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well thats a bugger, after asking Screw up if the battery from my drill will fit the mastic gun and told yes I found it doesn't. Another £80 for a battery and charger then----------
Still it was warmer today and worked out if I put the fixed handle on mastic gun on the workmate and pushed down on trigger the glue came out a lot easier. Glued a few ali patches in place, made the other roof panel and sprayed the inner roof sections with weld through primer . Welding head on tomorrow then.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Both roof sections welded in this morning, n/s was a bugger as for some reason the welder didn't like the metal and that's the side that is "out" from new with lots of lead filler. Not the lead playing welder up though as its new metal that it didn't like , wonder if it was the weld through copper primer?? Pic of the g
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car

ood side

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mmmmmm well have ordered a "replacement" battery and charger for the mastic gun , 1/2 the price of original . Well its not like I will be using it every day. Made up some brackets for trim panels and some bits for front inner wings to seal against strut towers. Got pissed off cos I need the lift so after saying I wouldn't touch my lads car ended up fitting the o/s front suspension , need a hand to tighten top ball joint as I cant hold lever to push joint into taper and work a spanner.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Spent all day working on the Teg , all front suspension fitted and fixed spinning taper by getting the nut off and running a tap through. Rad lights and front bumper back on so that leaves the arch liners , bonnet and a few odd bits to do . Sent him some pics, he said will try and come down next weekend . He better had and sort a trailer !

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
All together , just needs gearbox oil . Bonnet on ,managed to grab D to give me a lift. Sent my lad a message that its ready to move and sort a trailer, reply was I have nowhere to put it and cant afford to pay storage . Looks like I need to get shitty----------

·
Premium Member
15,155 Posts
All together , just needs gearbox oil . Bonnet on ,managed to grab D to give me a lift. Sent my lad a message that its ready to move and sort a trailer, reply was I have nowhere to put it and cant afford to pay storage . Looks like I need to get shitty----------
looks like you need to get the logbook and sell it. ask for it and i bet he finds somewhere to store it then, lol.
neil.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Still waiting for the battery, bet its coming all the way from China even though it said UK company . Anyway at home as not worth going to unit for the little I can do at the moment so clicked on the bay to see where my stuff is, nothing showing . While I was on there thought I would see if there are any Chevette inner track rods and there was a pair in UK , looks like bread and water for the next few weeks as I ordered them ------------

·
Registered
Loxley Lozenge
413 Posts
I got caught with the China thing, i locked in UK only on ebay, bought said bits, after a while I was wondering where my bits were, checked the tracking, and found that it was due to be delivered mid April. Clucking fantastic I thought!!!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just checked, its not dispatched yet so clicked on seller and its come back as a China based company, In the ad it said UK based company so surely thats false advertising

·
Registered
Loxley Lozenge
413 Posts
It's certainly sneaky to say the least. I've accepted my lot. I can do without it as I've loads to do before it will become a problem .
Different story if you are needing it.

581 - 600 of 787 Posts