Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
681 - 685 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
So ground the welds and rivets down , not to bad. Fitted lower tail gate , had to split inner skin and weld it to get lower edge lined up with rear panel . Made striker plates and welded them in for the catches ,might have to make a positive adjustable stop . Upper door tried on , needs a bit of frame twisting as o/s lower corner about 4 mm proud . Recon some blocks of wood and my size 9s will sort it, catch works but had to cut down the buffer . More fettling tomorrow then !!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well the size 9s worked , took 3 goes to get enough and ended up jumping on it! Door was on and of more times than a lady of the nights knickers. Fitted the buffers that control side to side gaps, just need some of the adjustable wedges but might just make some if I can find some bits of thick enough steel. Once thats sorted I can set the shut lines , fitted the seal and need to make some mods to seal channel .

·
Registered
984 Posts
Still working on the rear doors !! box (well U section ) added to lower door , strikers /latch pads fitted and a U (cut down box) welded on inside so door has something solid to shut to. Finished all the welds and ground them down on lower door, still some gapping needed but the shut line is wonky and its ali so skim of filler . Need some more adjustment on catch , with the seal in its very tight to shut . Load some pics later.

681 - 685 of 685 Posts