Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all, here's another project that i have to admit i probably won't get to.
i've been collecting parts for this for some time now as and when something came up. most all of the all the major components are here now but it's likely to sit for a a couple of years before i can get to it so maybe someone else wants to carry it on.
so i have a good 5 window cab, it has a dent on the rear corner (see pic) and one small bit of floor rust which i have the correct repair panel for. also there are 2 front wings that have a few dents but are better than most i've seen. both the cab and front wings have been blasted but were then left outside so are completely covered in surface rust. i have 2 doors that again are pretty good and still patina'd. i have 2 front grills and a good bonnet which is in 2 halves (the spot welds were unpicked so easy to put together), all of which are also patina'd. i have a front bumper with good chrome but has some dents/twists that need straightening. i couldn't find any rear wings so i ponied up and bought new fibreglass ones from pro-laminates. i intended to make a wooden bed and running boards but i now have 'first dibs' on a complete bed and steel rear wings that i can buy for a good price once the guy has all his new panels so that option is there. beds come up on here quite often though so there are options.
running gear wise i have a chevy s10 blazer full rolling chassis (with the tilt column) and current v5c in my name. these s10 chassis are a common swap for old pickups like this and is covered many times on the forums. being a blazer it was 4wd and i was just going to cut the outer flanges off of the front driveshafts and remove the shafts and diff to make it 2wd. it has torsion bar front suspension so easy to lower too, something the 2wd ones don't have.
the engine and box are a 253 cubic inch (4.2 litre) holden v8 with a manual 4 speed gearbox. these came from a pop hot rod that got a big block chevy instead and was running fine when removed. there are propshafts here to supply ends for a custom built one. i have a kitcar/hotrod type wiring loom kit also. i have a set of pcd adapters and a set of 17" borbet 5 spoke alloys (like mercedes and bmws used to get in the 80's/90's) that are included to give a more modern feel.
asking £4995 but open to offers. similar price to rusted out imported projects but with a chassis that'll drive nice, a uk v5c and a v8 engine and box.
any questions just ask.
cheers, neil.

EDIT i've just bought an era correct rolling chassis, so with a dating letter it may be possible to get a 'correct' v5c. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chassis pics tomorrow, it's at my mate's yard and he's going to take pics and email them to me.
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can do that mate, the one that's 'together' will go with the truck but i have a set of 'slats' that i gave £50 for if that'll work for you?
cheers, neil.

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you know, you're right :rolleyes: . i'll get right on that, thanks.
neil.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i can do that mate, the one that's 'together' will go with the truck but i have a set of 'slats' that i gave £50 for if that'll work for you?
cheers, neil.
Sorry for the late reply Neil, waiting for my truck to arrive from Florida. the current grill is painted and i would like chrome,
naive on these at the moment, is it a straight forward swap of the slats ?
if they are chrome then would be interested.
thanks,
lance.

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they're painted mate so no better than what you have i guess. i'd be tempted to remove and disassemble yours over next winter and get it chromed. at least the chrome will be decent quality unlike a lot of the repro stuff out there.
neil.

·
Premium Member
14,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EDIT i've just bought an era correct rolling chassis, so with a dating letter it may be possible to get a 'correct' v5c. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts