Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

hi guys, this is my recently imported 1954 f100, im not starting the project for a couple of months (fixing the customline first) just as a bit of a head start i need a fuel tank im wondering if anybody has found something that fits well and does the job, also need a front windscreen, thanks in advance.

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Try 'nobody' on here he's done a few pick-up's now and he is a fantastic fabricator. He would be able to knock you one up to fit properly in no time.

John

·
Registered
622 Posts
A mate of mine fabricated an aluminium 20gal under bed tank for £160

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi nikb im not sure if there's different types but mine go under the drivers floor and filler neck is behind drivers door, in the last few days i've seen lots of different tanks in different positions, my tank is rusty and leaks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
53-55 tanks are the same. I put mine under the bed as it puts more weight over the rear tyres and on the 56 they're mounted in the cab. Whoever thought of that idea was an idiot. The rear underbed is a popular mod.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i dont like the sound of the petrol tank behind the seat, it makes sense to relocate one under the rear end ive got to take the bed of anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts