Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2230 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Very nice pic's Paul...that was a few years ago...my 57 has changed for the better .... I hope :tup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a lot of pictures and its good to share them at last,but you do forget sometimes how many years ago some of these were taken,
Very nice pic's Paul...that was a few years ago...my 57 has changed for the better .... I hope :tup:

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
i love that coral and grey 55 Nomad, my favourite model of all the tri's

i had this for a while

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
is it this one

This car was Tracey Chantreys of St Georges coachworks , he has that Nash now a a couple of new projects . The car came in as a lowrider from LA and was the first tri chevy I looked to buy (didn't) at £1800.00

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
this one was owned untill recently by someone from the leatherhead area, he used to pop round to my place of work in it, got a bit shabby so he restored it without the writing, then i think it was sold abroad last year.

kev

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,717 Posts
this one was owned untill recently by someone from the leatherhead area, he used to pop round to my place of work in it, got a bit shabby so he restored it without the writing, then i think it was sold abroad last year.

kev

Thats right, i sold it to Joe, he used it daily for a few years until he bent the front a little. He then restored it back to stock, and sold it to Sweden.

It was badged as a Bel Air (arent they all!) but was in fact a 210 Townsman

I bought it from Ken Brooks who had intended to use it to tow Roarin' Rat to race meets

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
I like this one :tup:

Didnt it have colour coded orange bumpers, sooner or later ? Owner by Charlie something or other ?
As i mentioned earlier in the other thread there was one similer to this around Eseex in the 90s-think that may of had orenge bumpers:S.A guy from Chelmsford owened it then it went to Rayliegh then was sold to Tony Betts then sold on again.

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
Thats right, i sold it to Joe, he used it daily for a few years until he bent the front a little. He then restored it back to stock, and sold it to Sweden.

It was badged as a Bel Air (arent they all!) but was in fact a 210 Townsman

I bought it from Ken Brooks who had intended to use it to tow Roarin' Rat to race meets
looked good restored, although i liked it beforehand with the fadded paint, really looked the part! thought he said it had gone to sweden but wasnt sure, only pops in to buy 3 x 2 sheets of steel when he is patching something together :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here's one that you rarely see pictures posted of; Leon Coles' wicked '55 circuit racer.Imported in the late '80s and still owned by Leon but sadly never sees the light of day. Caused some upset with the flat cap brigade at the Goodwood revival meeting after running in the Top Hat series for a couple of years & now quietly slumbering in a barn.

1 - 20 of 2230 Posts