Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1981 - 2000 of 2230 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts

this was taken early 90s its still about according to the dvla now black /white love to see it again

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
just picked this one up in California, doubtless I'll have it for sale when it gets here, it's a V8 and supposedly a runner.

and got offered the two Nomads below too, but as projects too expensive for me to import and sell on, probbaly worth more over there as projects than over here.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
just picked this one up in California, doubtless I'll have it for sale when it gets here, it's a V8 and supposedly a runner.

and got offered the two Nomads below too, but as projects too expensive for me to import and sell on, probbaly worth more over there as projects than over here.

Wow !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very early picture at...?

Apparently when Heathrow was fog bound they would use this airfield...1965-ish Blackbushe! :tup:

Wonder if it's the same '55 that Dick & Martin Bonner found in Yateley in the 70s (about 2 miles from this photo), they were driving past a garage and saw the front chassis horns sticking out the partially opened door, the guy who owned it then only bought it for the reg number (RLD 6?) apparently the car wouldn't fit in his garage so he took the front sheet metal to Blackbushe scrap yard (would be ironic if it was). I ended up with the body (this was around the same time the Tri-Chevy club was started)....sorry if a bit long/boring:S

Credit to the photographer?

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Very early picture at...?

Apparently when Heathrow was fog bound they would use this airfield...1965-ish Blackbushe! :tup:

Wonder if it's the same '55 that Dick & Martin Bonner found in Yateley in the 70s (about 2 miles from this photo), they were driving past a garage and saw the front chassis horns sticking out the partially opened door, the guy who owned it then only bought it for the reg number (RLD 6?) apparently the car wouldn't fit in his garage so he took the front sheet metal to Blackbushe scrap yard (would be ironic if it was). I ended up with the body (this was around the same time the Tri-Chevy club was started)....sorry if a bit long/boring:S

Credit to the photographer?
Great picture and nice bit of 55 info...

John

1981 - 2000 of 2230 Posts