Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acting on leaked information, reporters Tim Bowman & Julian (moopar) Brimfield, mingled amongst the Arfurs, and sea of Vectras, Mondeos and other assorted rep mobiles, with intensions of liberating this 56 four door from BCA Blackbushe today............

It was a no sale. Bidding bottomed out at just over four grand, reserve was set at six.

So it'll remain un-molested !!

Never know when and where and old Chevy will turn up do you ?

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Paul that's the one from around Aldershot that we were talking about today , the one Tim and me kept on seeing :sniff: I had pictures to confirm but they are in my old dead hard drive , but Tim will , I'm sure , confirm , I recognise it because of the upside down gold crests on the 1/4's and the hood badge chrome surround

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Are you sure Steve - I believe it's a 6 banger from Turkey that I looked at a couple of months ago - I did bid him basically what it bid to!

I have some photos at work but its been in Motspur Park parked on a drive for the last few years - it was the Caprice hubcaps that gave it away!

**after selling an ex: Turkish car, a red 57 SC - one of the 3 that came in 25 years ago - on behalf of a fella and having no end of grief from the new owner in Alsace, France - I f**rkin avoid them like the plague!**

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Are you sure Steve - I believe it's a 6 banger from Turkey that I looked at a couple of months ago - I did bid him basically what it bid to!

I have some photos at work but its been in Motspur Park parked on a drive for the last few years - it was the Caprice hubcaps that gave it away!

**after selling an ex: Turkish car, a red 57 SC - one of the 3 that came in 25 years ago - on behalf of a fella and having no end of grief from the new owner in Alsace, France - I f**rkin avoid them like the plague!**
Ironically you have just confirmed it is the same car , it was parked in all sorts of odd places around town with various parking tickets on it , broken down at times with a handwritten note in pidgeon English explaining that the owner was off getting the mechanic man etc . Car looked like it had just arrived from the streets of Turkey (or Cuba), this must have been over two years ago. 100% sure it's the car .

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went to see this with My girlfriend Tamzine on Sunday. As she is interested in a 50's car. Its a Syrian import according to Muhamed (the owner) Yes it looks like its straight out of Havana. Seemed quite solid but scratched with bad crome.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I went to see this with My girlfriend Tamzine on Sunday. As she is interested in a 50's car. Its a Syrian import according to Muhamed (the owner) Yes it looks like its straight out of Havana. Seemed quite solid but scratched with bad crome.
Worth the money ? are you going to buy it ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.