Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im advertising this on behalf of my dad. Its a 1957 big back window pick up, it has a 350 motor with quadrajet carb, petronix electronic ignition, block hugger tube headers, a th 350 trans with a lokar shifter, and a 10 bolt Camaro axle. The brakes have been rebuilt with new cylinders and shoes all round, also new handbrake cables.

The front has been lowered with reverse eye leaves and the rear axle now sits on top of the springs. it had new air shocks on the back a couple of years ago.

it has been rewired with an E Ze kit.

The truck is very solid, only areas that have rust are the rear cab corners and a bit on the step where you open the door, its nothing major and we have used and m.o.t ed it like this for the last 3 years. It has had a new ply wood, alloy covered bed. There is no carpet and there are quite a few factory holes in the floor that could do with sealing up, it gets a bit cold in the winter! Could do with new door seals and quarter light rubbers. also no heater. The bench seat isnt original but fits perfect and it in excellent condition, its black vinyl. The temperature gauge dont work, but we have never had a problem with overheating even stuck in traffic.

The truck starts, drives and stops well. The engine leaks a bit of oil but pulls well enough and has never let us down. Iv even used it to tow my car to shakey without any hassel, the kick down really needs connecting, its something we have been meaning to do but never had.

Overall its a very usable truck that you dont really need to worry about.

U.K registered, mot till august next year and taxed till the same time i think.

Looking for offers around £7,500

cheers Joe

only picture i have at the moment but will get more 2 morrow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

the floor might look rusty but its really not. camera makes it look 100 times worse

The bit on the step, would repair easy its only the front bit really

engine bay is pretty dusty, wiped over one of the panels.

The dodgy cab corner repair

The door has some bullet holes that are filled over but the evidence can be seen inside

Can get more pictures of specific areas if required.

all pm's passed on to my old man.

Cheers Joe

--- New Post Merged As Per 5 Day Bump Rule ---

·
Registered
197 Posts
SOLD. Many thanks Dave hope you enjoy. Cheers for the AD RnS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts