Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well now the weather has warmed up i have been spending some time in the workshop.pulled the body off the old girl and set about re-engineering the front end.i have junked the cart springs and fitted hairpins that i got at the swapmeet,had some eurethene bushes and stainless inserts made for the front eyes and the backs are on rose joints,threw a panhard rod at it and apart from fittin the coilovers when marky mark sends em out to me thats that.next is to move the lump forward 2 inches to get the highrise manifold and hilbourn style scoop on,(again,more swappy goodies ).gonna remake all the x members in 2.5" tube as i think it looks prettier.undecided about the rearend as yet,fancy having a narrow axle and 14x15 cragars instead of the 10x15s its got at the mo.more updates to come.:tup:

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
You been busy, looking good :tup:
Cant you convert the front end into a bar or something for ya front room ?? Hang on thats given me an idea :idea:, now where my tape measure ?
ive seen your front room and its not big enough, you need a bigger house !

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not posted much of late,been beavering away in the workshop and this is the result. 2 weeks grinding off all the crap welds and old brackets that had been added over the years.got some paint,a pair of rear shox and a big bag of nuts n bolts for me birthday so knuckled down and got it painted. chassis has 3 coats of 2k filler primer,5 coats of 2k blackest black and 4 coats of clear. front end has 2 coats of filler primer,4 coats of mettallic gunmetal base and 6 clears. just settin up the rear ladder bars and then the back end can get painted.front still needs brakes but no rush for those.should be onto the body next,engines in bits and parts have been asked for for christmas! lookin to get it on the road for next summer probably in primer and run it for the season,then pull the body off over next winter and finish it off.

·
Premium Member
14,393 Posts
love gassers, cant wait to see it finished. well done that man.

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers guys:tup: got the rear end painted and on today,just the rear hangers to sort out tomorrow. next is to drop the mill back in and sit the body on to do the floor, trans tunnel and firewall. its gonna be bitchin:twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts