Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All ,

Anybody here own a 59 or 60 Biscayne or Bel Air ?, I need a pic of the rear windscreen mouldings if possible please .
My mate needs to get a new rubber for his 60 Biscayne 2dr sdn , he cut the old one to get the screen out but it was so long ago he can't remember what it was like :shake: . Phoned Steele Rubber and they said a Biscayne doesn't have a rear windshield moulding but he's got a set that he definitely took off , it's a 'T' section moulding that pushes into a slot in the rubber . I've spent hours searching Google images but there seems to be a few variations of mouldings and none of the pictures are really clear enough .

T.I.A.
Ron

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi All ,

Anybody here own a 59 or 60 Biscayne or Bel Air ?, I need a pic of the rear windscreen mouldings if possible please .
My mate needs to get a new rubber for his 60 Biscayne 2dr sdn , he cut the old one to get the screen out but it was so long ago he can't remember what it was like :shake: . Phoned Steele Rubber and they said a Biscayne doesn't have a rear windshield moulding but he's got a set that he definitely took off , it's a 'T' section moulding that pushes into a slot in the rubber . I've spent hours searching Google images but there seems to be a few variations of mouldings and none of the pictures are really clear enough .

T.I.A.
Ron
give beavis a ring, you may even get him to drive his over for a proper look.

·
Freak!
458 Posts
We got a '59 Bel Air at work at the mo,i'll have a look at it tommorow but i have a feeling there is no 'T' piece.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Ray , Beavis's car is an Impala hardtop , way too upmarket for me :incheek:

Thanks cjh that'd be great :tup:

·
Freak!
458 Posts
The only mouldings around the screen were long and straight,simply four pieces,one for each edge.

Sorry.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for looking , is that the rear screen ?. We have a three piece moulding , a straight one at the top and two long curved ones that run along the bottom and up the sides , we're just unsure of which new rubber to order .

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts