Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** NOW SOLD ***

Well, the time has come to let this one go, but only to fund my next little automotive adventure (of course!) :D

I traded this '59 Apache last year, for the '63 Suburban I was driving. Skippy wanted the 'Burb and I wanted a truck so...a deal was done. He had the truck advertised on here at £15,995 (here's the link) so that should give you an idea of how good it is.

If it were a Fleetside, I'd be keeping it.

It's rock solid, rust free, with a 283 from a 61 Corvette, Power Pack heads, 600 Edelbrock, HEI, T5 manual box from a C10, front disc brakes and a passenger car rear end with a locker. It's retrimmed inside, has a full set of dash gauges (and a nice uncut dash) the heater works and I'd trust it to take me pretty much anywhere. It doesn't even leak on the drive! :eek:

The 283/T5 combination works brilliantly: it pulls like a train in 2nd, 3rd & 4th (no point in using 1st) and cruises along at motorway speeds in 5th at reasonable revs (and fuel consumption!) It'll get you mid-high 20s on a run at 65mph.

It's an awesome truck, but I like to be absolutely upfront about things and there are a few small jobs I'd do to it to make it perfect: the steering box is sloppy (I have the rebuild kit, just no time to fit it), the carb is a bit big (I have the tuning kit, but again no time) and the engine mounts are a bit soft (causes a clutch judder in 1st, but 1st is pretty much redundant anyway!)

It's currently sitting on my neighbours' drive while they're away (yes, they DO know!) but they'll be back soon and I could do with having a few less vehicles around while I'm 'between workshops' - hence the sale.

I'm working in a TV & radio broadcast centre right now, so can't always answer the phone. Best to PM or email me at: viralto (at) gmail.com or text me on 07590 367581

Thanks,

Tim

Pics...

A couple of people have asked about a view of the back end (!) and I'll take some pics in the morning. Meanwhile, I've 'borrowed' some photos from Skippy's original ad for the truck. It still looks exactly the same:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of PMs and text messages to respond to - I'm working my way through them!

I'm in High Wycombe, Bucks. J4/J5 M40, depending on which direction you're coming from.

It's probably important to highlight the fact that the truck is green. Very green. Even more green that the photos might suggest.

Honestly: it's pretty 'kin green.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.