Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers she needs to be back out n the road its a fun drive

·
Registered
97 Posts
hello piss yella,

I know this car your not far from me I contacted you recently regarding your kids old car, and you both were very helpful. I always admired the victor remember the first time I saw it I shit :eek: and thought it was a 55 chevy!

What else does it need for the MOT? any idea how much for a new tyre? I live in Duki so I could pop round anytime to suit for a look at the beast?

Cheers
Paul 07843 020047

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
eh up gents
the car has been off road since august this year
as far as im aware apart from the welding there shouldent be anything major the hand brake needs ajusting and i would go throu it greesing every thing and alsorts but i (being as onest as i can be )havent looked at it for a good while .
i also have a fresh set of headers that will go with the car the ones that are on it are a bit tired ,i have the steel for the floors (still in sheet form not made them )that also can go with the car .
a tyre that matches the one thats on are about £300 new but if you got 2 tyres slightly different from the protracs you could sell the other tyre on as they dont come up to often (lol ive been looking )
paul i will bell you today
regards keith..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thats my old car and is a bargain at that price twas a bloody good car....Hi kieth tryed to catch up with you at the drags but the weekend went so quick,,,pity my car didnt...hope all you notheners are well...treve

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi mate was good to meet you for that millisecond lol
i need the money to make my coupe go faster lol
what happend to your car ?did you break it or could you just not get your foot down hard enough lol:D
northeners lol thats just every one in england from you isent it :bigsmile:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Cant understand it ,i had tesco racing fuel and halfords engine oil { £3.99 } and still only ran a 11.7 must need a longer throttle cable ...my little one loves your coupe he thinks your milner..lol ,what did you run ? treve

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cant understand it ,i had tesco racing fuel and halfords engine oil { £3.99 } and still only ran a 11.7 must need a longer throttle cable ...my little one loves your coupe he thinks your milner..lol ,what did you run ? treve
got mine to a 12.8 but i have run a 12.7 pb with my little 302 getting a better converter for next year so i can build some revs on the line ,
what motor is in the gold gass then

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
What size is the back tyre that is required ? and are the bushes in the front viva suspension standard rubber or polybush ones and are they okay ?
What stud pattern is the front on ?

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Originally built by Kevin Palmer in the late 80's early 90's with my assistance , built in a single council lockup with no pwer etc so as i had the van my job every saturday morning was to get the genny from the hire shop so it could be welded etc.................ive got some pics somewhere ?????? ill have to look them out and take them around to Kev to reminise ...LOL.....Nice to see it again..it was original factory blue back then....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally built by Kevin Palmer in the late 80's early 90's with my assistance , built in a single council lockup with no pwer etc so as i had the van my job every saturday morning was to get the genny from the hire shop so it could be welded etc.................ive got some pics somewhere ?????? ill have to look them out and take them around to Kev to reminise ...LOL.....Nice to see it again..it was original factory blue back then....
mark thats kool real good to hear the history of your rod it would be good to see some build shots
cheers keith

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What size is the back tyre that is required ? and are the bushes in the front viva suspension standard rubber or polybush ones and are they okay ?
What stud pattern is the front on ?
the rear tyre is a n50 15 protrac (only got about 600 miles on it )10 x 15 centerline must admit ive never looked at the bushes but it used to drive nice with no sqweeks and with the coilover shocks it was good (the transverce spring is still in place as this give the bottom end more rigidty so im told )

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi keith its got a 383 ci chevy at the mo, but thinking of going bbc , gota beat the rat next year...going to start the devon delivery soon only had the bloody thing about 5 years and aint touch it....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the rear tyre is a n50 15 protrac (only got about 600 miles on it )10 x 15 centerline must admit ive never looked at the bushes but it used to drive nice with no sqweeks and with the coilover shocks it was good (the transverce spring is still in place as this give the bottom end more rigidty so im told )
sorry the stud patern is 5stud i would presume jag chevy same as the rear

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi keith its got a 383 ci chevy at the mo, but thinking of going bbc , gota beat the rat next year...going to start the devon delivery soon only had the bloody thing about 5 years and aint touch it....
next time out we must see if we carnt get a run in together i might be a tiny bit quicker next year

·
MarkT
1,117 Posts
Keith the Victor wasnt mine but my mates Kev , ill see if i can dig out some build pics ....but dont hold your breath :) it could take a while as in loft i think somewhere................Mark
mark thats kool real good to hear the history of your rod it would be good to see some build shots
cheers keith

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keith the Victor wasnt mine but my mates Kev , ill see if i can dig out some build pics ....but dont hold your breath :) it could take a while as in loft i think somewhere................Mark
kool and happy to say the car is now sold :tup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts