Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Welding Guru
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
updates of my C10 restomod. the air suspension took Friday afternoon to install and the front took all day sunday. The plan is to take everything down to bare metal and add a few tweaks of my own to the body and chassis.
This weekend the chassis is being stripped ready for blasting and powder coating. and then next weekend I will be starting on the body before it goes to media blasting.
I will be updating regularly and I am aiming to get finished by end of June.
cheers, Brendon.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Well, you don't mess about.

Talk about Speedy Gonzales.

Impressive speed, space and pace.

Will clearly be following your build.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If you want to get it really low I suggest you move the crossmember up into the frame. Easy to do at this stage.
I had a C10 with air and it wasn't low enough with the stock crossmember.

·
Welding Guru
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the message. Like you say its real easy to get the body on the floor especially at this stage and its only a weekends fabrication but that's not the look I am after and I don't want it too low (I am fitting 2" drop spindles to the front as well and this will leave it plenty low enough for me) it will be sitting on 20" wheels so the wheel to body line appearance should be ok to the eye. trying to get a good look without going too extreme. Its great to get comments and input/advice from the guys on the site.
Cheers, Brendon.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I,m not a huge fan of dropped spindles as they put all the mechanical bits closer to the ground limiting travel for suspension when driving.
Also, watch caliper clearance with wishbones when slammed with dropped spindles.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I,m not a huge fan of dropped spindles as they put all the mechanical bits closer to the ground limiting travel for suspension when driving.
Also, watch caliper clearance with wishbones when slammed with dropped spindles.

i run 2.5 drop spindles 3 inch lowered coils and fucking huge calipers, never had any problems apart from speed humps

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Look how low all your underpinnings are though......if it works for you, great. Calipers to 'bones clearance is an issue with air on full drop.....just sayin'.

·
Welding Guru
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers stretch. good to get a front end image and a chunk of advice. I will only be going real low on flat roads and when sat idle. what size wheels are you using?
Cheers, Brendon.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cheers stretch. good to get a front end image and a chunk of advice. I will only be going real low on flat roads and when sat idle. what size wheels are you using?
Cheers, Brendon.
i run 17 inch billets with 50 profile tyres and 16 inch steels with 60 profile tyres hope this helps i try get some pictures

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looking good Brendon.
Truck looked it great shape to start with which is always handy...
Looking so forward to seeing the end result as there isn't really many C10s done..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts