Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally worked out how to get the pictures up on here so thought i'd put the new project up, its still in california at the moment, but ships mid january. Its currently running a stock 400ci motor on dual quads and a 4 speed, this will be coming out and going up for sale, and its getting a F2 procharged 500 and most probably a TH400, but we have a lenco ST1200 that may end up in there yet. We are building the short motor up (KB ali block, Ray barton spec'd rotating assembley) then mid feb John Sleath should be getting the motor, specing i cam, assembling the top end with our 440-1 indy heads, and setting up Fast Xfi probably running e85, he'll then dyno it for us.
We have a Caltracs set up on order and new 2 1/8 TTi headers, which are coming over in the boot of the car, we want to run the car on 10.5 inch slicks, get used to everything then maybe try some radials on it,
the outside of the car is not going to alter, the steelies and hubcaps are staying :tup:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Now that could be fun !!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Looks good Jerry (or Marc!) looking forward to seeing it run!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Now that's going to one brute of a sleeper, well as much as a 64 Polara can be. You've got to love a Mopar with steelies and dog dishes...

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
What a plan! Lovely car...
Are you shipping the Caltracs with the car or having them sent independently? I just wonder if they will send to the UK.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, you can buy caltracs thru mancini and they will ship here, i'm not sure about direct from calvert, we have had ours shipped to the guy in california, and he's loading everything up. The guy the car has come off is a chevy guy, and has been cruising this car for a few months by the sounds of it, he's just building 2 chevelles for a swedish guy too, and a car for the new mad max film, here's a link to his site http://radracingdesigns.com/ seems very helpful, we have a very good shippers we've used for the last 10 years who are usually unbeatable on price, but Rick has gone out of his way and found someone cheaper and arranged it all, and is delivering the car to the docks FOC :tup:

·
I'm a grown up drunk!
2,646 Posts
What a plan! Lovely car...
Are you shipping the Caltracs with the car or having them sent independently? I just wonder if they will send to the UK.
no problem getting caltracs sent to the uk direct, got mine from them,
no need to go through a dealer,
Calvert racing are are good to deal with, they sent mine via USPS,
about $120 shipping?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ayup Tim didn't realise you were on here, yeah there must be 3 over here now? (or when ours gets here) or do you know of more, here are a few pictures of some of our old cars over the last few years the 68 R/T Coronet and the 63 Polara (blue one not the red one in the picture) we've had and sold this year

1 - 14 of 14 Posts