Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '66 C10 which is due for a full teardown soon and rebuild and repaint.

My buddy Martin has a '65 C10 long wheelbase which he bought and recently started to strip right down to the chassis.

THREAD HERE: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND" - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

This week he started on the cab.......... What a nightmare (in my view anyway)

We often help each other with jobs as we only live 15 miles appart and both have tolerant wife/girlfriends.

Looking at Martin's update tonight, I was saying to my wife that we must be mad playing with 50 year old trucks.

And her reply was "At least it keeps you happy, despite the knockbacks"

So are we mad?

Why do we do these things?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
because we lov it better than gambling or drinking your life away, i'm doing a 1958 panel at mo, in the open sometimes freezing sometimes wet but i get great enjoyment in doing so, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because we lov it better than gambling or drinking your life away, i'm doing a 1958 panel at mo, in the open sometimes freezing sometimes wet but i get great enjoyment in doing so, keep up the good work.
That is true, weird how you forget about the cold and discomfort when driving down the street.

Building my Teardrop trailer was like that.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Getting towards the end of my Bedford J type rebuild all the hard work done / welding , body , paint, engine rebuilt and in, at the moment managing to get 2-3 hours on a night after doing a days work + what I can fit in on a weekend.
Sometimes I think getting too old for this but I couldn't go out and buy a ready done truck/rod/ yank, the grin factor when done and driving is priceless especially when you have built it yourself.
Also got a Harley Roadking the first standard bike I have owned after building my own chops / Harley customs for 40 years although I like it I have the feeling that I have sold out .

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
If ya want a bit of inspiration here's me mates 65 chevy truck all done, bagged, 454ci built V8 big block, satin black paint and new chrome. Took him 2 years.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats rather special.

Does he come onto forums and have a build thread?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife always says If you need to explain do not waste your time.

Tonight the truck was loaded to work again.

Mate Martin will be starting his sandblasting soon, after doing some welding.

So we loaded the compressor and a crate tonight.......

Nothing like a ramp to make life a bit easier.

Ian supervising the tie down.

Can you say LOWER...?

Ready to Rock n Roll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts