Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
66 fury GASSER

this is my latest toy. a 66 plymouth fury with a 318 polyhead/semihemi engine in. first job was to ditch the stock y piece single exhaust and make a dual 2 1/2" system with a pair of big flowmasters i've been saving.

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

oh and i've found the 2 missing bits of fender trim in the states. theyre on the way :tup:

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been doing a bit here and a bit there when i get time. got everything working electrically and had a grease up on the steering and suspension. fitted some slotmags to fill the arches out and lowered the front a bit (easy with mopars, just wind the torsion bar adjusters out). the drivers side is left hand thread on the wheel studs on these mopars so the cheapest way to fit the wheels i found was to get r/h thread 7/16" lugnuts, drill the tread out with a 7/16" drill then tap 1/2" l/h thread into them. saved me about £40 even after buying the 1/2" unf l/h tap set. and i still have the taps for next time.
took it for mot saturday, which it passed with only a couple of minor advisories that will be easily sorted. so onto the body and paint next.

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
looks nice and solid?
The underside looks like it's crying out for a weekend of your time and a couple of bottles of kurust, though!

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the underside will get cleaned up and painted black. its all dry loose stuff that pretty much wipes off with your hand. the slots are polished too, but were covered in dew this morning when i took the pics. i've nearly rounded up enough bright red to paint it too so this coming weekends looking to be a busy one. :tup:

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
started getting the car ready for paint today. stripped all the brightwork and got some of the primer rubbed down. welded up the mirror and aerial holes as its having different ones. had to stop to get the scimitar rolling chassis off of the workshop wall (you can just see it in the third pic) as i've swapped it for a new slingshot chassis, but thats another story......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent choice of car...Thought i had the only 66 in the country.
Mines a sport Fury ...383, 727, with factory tach and console .3 or is it 4 years into a full resto.
Ive got a fair bit of stock stuff that wont b going back on so if u need owt give us a shout.

Also if you haven't already check out C body dry dock forum
Harry

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent choice of car...Thought i had the only 66 in the country.
Mines a sport Fury ...383, 727, with factory tach and console .3 or is it 4 years into a full resto.
Ive got a fair bit of stock stuff that wont b going back on so if u need owt give us a shout.

Also if you haven't already check out C body dry dock forum
Harry
wow harry, mine looks like its having just a bit of a tidy up compared to yours. bet you have all the side trim now i've bought the bits i was missing from the states. what colour you going with yours? neil.

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
finally all flatted back.

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

next sand the shuts and on with the first bit of paint

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes i know its not red, but the interior is green/cream so would've needed to be changed to black anyway and i like a nice off white. i did my 65 dart this colour too.

Automotive tire Hood Wood Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
208 Posts
Seeing it flatted back, it does look right in white fellah.
Good choice.:tup:

·
Premium Member
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ready for paint. got to wait til everyone's gone home now to minimise dust.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts