Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

67 Camaro Procharged Hemi.

29K views 128 replies 47 participants last post by  55chev 
#1 · (Edited)
Just a little street car project for someone in the new year...

New prodrive from procharger with F3 136.RATED @ 3300HP .

See less See more
#19 ·
Well shes got shit loads of history Dal,DANNY COCKRIL HAD IT BUILT FOR STREET ELIMINATOR BUT NEVER RACED IT AND LOST INTEREST,and she was.....aka RATFINK/ aka LIL WOPER.MIGHT PUT A NAME TO HER MYSELF ANY IDEAS?????????????
wow now i know the car, as for a name the only thing i can think of is THE ROMFORD RACER:lol:

#20 ·
Hi Wayne, the hemi is a TFX block,526ci,winberg crank,grp billet rods,diamond hard coated custom pistons, Alan johnson stage 3 heads,stage 5 rocker gear,running sheet metal intake with 16 injector setup,F3 136 geardriven PROCHARGER ,running on e85....no clutch,rossler promod turbo 400,inch/half input.

#24 ·
No its not the same chassis,it was completeley redone by john @ webster racing,as for the Hemi,i wanted something differant,well here goes,chevys i know very well ,Hemis are new to me,but when it comes to real big power and a bulletproof platform,hemi wins hands down,thats not to say you cant make big power with a chevy or ford.when you look at the design of a hemi,its no accident there the main platform from promod and up,and thats without ease of maintaince,as for looks say no more!!!!

#22 ·
Great car Mark! just need to get rid of the outdated rear tyres an ger her on a 275 Drag radial LOL!!--people are 5.95s (one or two anyhow) on a 275 now--as if YOU didnt know LOL!!

Youre 55 ranks with the best of them IMO ...Im sure I know what you are aiming for with this car, and I hope you are successful:tup:

#25 ·
Hey Mark
Cannot tell you how pleased I am to see my old car looking so totally awesome.
Have to admit I would never have recognised it from the car I shipped in from California in 1980. Regards Nick.
Thanks Nick,there will be a small reminder on the car of the history of her...history is a good thing,,

#26 ·
OK thanks Marc , I've always known that a Hemi was the first choice for ultimate power , al la Top Fuel , I was just curious ... good luck with it :tup:

Well it was really only a back half when Andy Chisholm built Rat Fink but he made a great job of it considering it was 1985 , we burnt a lot of midnight oil during those weeks , great days they were :)

#32 ·
HES the guvnor rog..lol

I'm sure it's history will go from strength to strength in your more than capable hands mate , might even be the excuse I need to make a long overdue visit to the Pod next summer :lol:
Be good to see ya there stitch.....make sure you say hello..

#41 ·
I think that it's great that Rods'n'Sods can connect Nick, Ron and all the people who knew the car before. I'll send John Scott a link he'll love it, he's in Montana these days.

Rog.

#47 ·
Very very nice Marc - I am sure it will be one hell of a flying machine :tup:

I will look forward to reading your thread updates.

Saw the GTO on Weds at Jons, another Pro campainer :smoke:
Thanks Mark,yes Bazzas going boosted as well,hes seen the light :D

That's gonna be a fantastic car Marc, I've always loved it ever since seeing it at the 'Pod when it was first imported. It'd look well cool painted back in green again, as there's a lot of blue 1st gens out there at the moment.

I'd call it "The li'l Fink-Wopper" done in the original style writing.

cheers...Nige

ps I'll phone you next week :tup:
Im gonna think it over,i must say i do like the name Lil`Wopper,never herd of Another car with that name,and love that green too..very differant..

#52 ·
I'm sure you saw this when Nick first posted it Marc ...

Found another pic too but unfortunately it got damp and stained sometime over the last 25 years :incheek: ... that was Andy's SS396 '70 El Camino tow car next to it .

#61 ·
I thought it wouldnt be long before you got on here Mick lol,thanks for the heads up on the color,see ya soon bud.

I'm sure you saw this when Nick first posted it Marc ...

Found another pic too but unfortunately it got damp and stained sometime over the last 25 years :incheek: ... that was Andy's SS396 '70 El Camino tow car next to it .

Thanks for that stitch,looks pretty mean the way it leaves,love that manual sound too.

I think all the superlatives have already been said and well deserving.
Gorgeous car can't wait to see that motor as well :tup:
Thanks rockin...

Words don't begin to describe it!!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!! Remember you pulling away from Chris Isaacs old workshop in the 55 many years ago. Could still hear you a mile away!!!!!! Hope your style has not changed!!!!!!
Philip
Deffo not,youve got a good memory.:tup:

Love the Old Lil Whopper shots at Taylors. Can we say Whopper or is it Politicaly Incorrect?
Me too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.