Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the local chippie & saw a magazine blurb for this place, 7 Hotel & Diner at Polhill in Kent.
http://www.7hoteldiner.co.uk/

Anybody local been in there ?
There's not many pics on the site, but the mag showed pics of an American style 50's diner c/w jukebox ect. & a great menu.

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
I go past everyday on my commute. I suppose I should stop by on my way home one day.
The site it's one used to hold a regular custom/American car meet one evening a month in the Summer. I think it used to be called Michael's...

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
Would it be the old Michael's mount cafe...................................

·
Slacker journo
143 Posts
Would it be the old Michael's mount cafe...
Could well be. There's a pub on one side of it (now closed) and an Indian restaurant on t'other, if that helps to identify the site. Oh and commercial vehicle parking behind it, too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Badgers Mount and Poll Hill. Used to be the main road in and out of London before the M25 was built.

There was a pub on the right as you were going up the hill and then the gardening center is further on on the right and there used to be a nightclub opposite almost. You would get to a roundabout and go to Orpington or Bromley.

I can remember this from my childhood as my Grandparents lived in Orpington and we lived in Bexhill On Sea at the time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi I go there every other Tuesday night, Like today is Elvis from 8pm some hot rods cars will no doubt turn up . great in the summer.nice food have to book no problem.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you keep an eye on "Where, What, When", or whatever the other area on the forum is called, you'll see there is a meet here. It's normally on a Tuesday night and they often have Danny Fisher (I think that's his name) singing 50/60s songs. Have been a few times and the food is great but it is worth booking a table. Last time we went we were told they were fully booked even though it was 3/4 empty!!! Shouldn't complain as they found us a table in 40 minutes though. Will be a big meet in the summer but due to the distance it'll probably be summer before we get up there again. BTW watch out for deer on the M25 but that's a completely different story.....

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
I'd turn up if there was something going on.

·
prostreet enthusiast
195 Posts
was up at polehill garden centre sunday didnt see any of the usual signs for the diner night but if
anybody is intrested polehill garden centre are having a classic car evening on monday the 9th july from 6.30pm till 9pm
free entry, burger bars, local beers. see website for info.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts