Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
'Kin 'ell Malcolm - that is ancient! - went once I believe, can't remember too much about it, so I must have been pissed or stoned (unlikely 'cos I was always the mofo driving) or it was a useless venue. BTW on your earlier posting Cuban Iron - is that an impolite name for a Cuban Poof?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i,m talking 75 76 77 era the place is still there , i dont remember much either , it got a bit nasty at times. Me and three others were glass collectors there and we used to drink up leftovers, eat the free food get pissed then find our way home .
as to cuban genders, i know nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Can't remember going there but did loads like Lacy Lady and Global Village (both London ?), Dantes in Bognor and of course Frenchies in Camberley .
Disco aint what everyone thinks it was :tup:

·
Registered
967 Posts
they should bring disco back,everyone was happy,,untill you stopped dancing,then it was a fight,,,i didnt care i was in the ditch

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Can't remember going there but did loads like Lacy Lady and Global Village (both London ?), Dantes in Bognor and of course Frenchies in Camberley .
Disco aint what everyone thinks it was :tup:
Lacy Lady was in High Road Seven Kings - was part of a local watered-down beer pub organisation - Wheatley Taverns? - went there a few times.

·
Vendor
3,397 Posts
spent many a night at zero 6 in the early seventies had some great times there driving back to the medway towns was always interesting though old lhd mustang & no designated driver in them days went to the circus tavern a lot too that was rough there used to be a place in croyden too dont remember what it was called though neros was great down on the coast takes me back still me oxford bags cant get in em but every once in awhile i like to get them out & give my son a laugh funny enough i watched saturday night fever on the tele last night RAY in sf

·
Registered
967 Posts
i was only about 20 ,but southend was such a laugh,,,getthere ,,get drunk,see who was the sadest danser and then go shag on a plane or ditch,,,,,,normaly ditch
o to be 35 again

·
Registered
967 Posts
god bless ya,,,the whole of outer east london was a nightclub,,from w,thamstow to dartford was a fucking great night .just a mad time and i loved it,,,but sad to say my iler has said,,,,,,no more gin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how about the wine bar in that side street right next to the railway dairy that was a bit of a laugh , went to that club where the punk bands played up near soho in 78ish someone on stage got their knob out and started pissing over us , what a kin din of sound, Wham done a video , yes thats it "The Marquee " and its all history now. yep such a variety of music and so different , donna summer i feel love and theme from the deep, giorgio mororder from here to eternity, sylvester and mighty real, to name but a few , techno music but kin brilliant the tossers today cant do anything without a computer even the cars today are stupid pieces of computer controlled shit , and french cars are Le crap!!! dont buy them boycott them and the same with chinese stuff too.
aaahhhhh i feel better now.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Anyone recall the 'Greyhound' Wheatley Tavern in High Road Goodmayes opposite what is now the police compound. What was the 'Disco' in the centre of Basildon. I used to go to the Marquee Club when it was in Wardour Street often on Saturday nights in the late '60s to see supposedly up and comming bands - can't remember any of them now (my memory shot, or bands never 'made it'?) - saw Led Zepplin there in '68 ish, Jeez were we squeezed-in to that place - what a sweat pit it was!

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
i used to go to the nightclub at southend air port,,was a top night,,i think it was called zero 6,,first time i ever slept in a dithch
I used to go to the Zero 6 from about '75 - '82.

I was good mates with the Entertainments Manager, Ken Norton, so we always got in free!

We used to get behind the decks with him and change his playlist!!

I remember seeing The Chilites one night, and they spent half the gig chanting, Hey, we're The Chilites, from Chicago, Illinois"

After a while the audience got somewhat pissed off with them and replied "Well F*ck off back there then"

Ken later moved to TOTS on the seafront, so we got free passes to there as well!

Saw Olivia Newton John, and several other big names of the time.

Room at The Top rings a bell, but I never went there, probably because I would have had to pay to get in :incheek:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
i was only about 20 ,but southend was such a laugh,,,getthere ,,get drunk,see who was the sadest danser and then go shag on a plane or ditch,,,,,,normaly ditch
o to be 35 again
You have really come up in the world Tel, you sleep under Transits now!

Rog.

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Tots, Zero 6. Kings club, Ilford Pally and Crocks in Rayleigh. :lol:
'Kin hell Eastern Raider I'd gotten all about the Ilford Palais - the Jeff Rowena resident band - Jeff himself so inappropriately dressed in his Teddy Boy finest!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Used to go there. remember hearing "I spy for the FBI" by Jamo Thomas there before Ian Levine broke it at the Blackpool Mecca.
I think i used to go with that old bastard Winston Sewell. We used to go to a night at Leysdown (Isle of Sheppey) which Steve Walsh Used to Dj. I think i just about remember a club called "The pink toothbrush" not far from room at the top but that sounds a bit gay.
I'll just dig out my 4 button oxford bags and tanktop, stick some badges on and go out
Best
DjNeil

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did room at the top a couple of times but lacy lady and the goldmine with Chris Hill were best . Heres my list

Cali Dunstable
Devils Den Dunstable
Scamps Hemel Monday Night
Rio Didcot
Watersplash St Albans
Batchwood St Albans
Pantiles Camberly
Lacy Lady Ilford
Room at The Top Ilford
Goldmine Canvy Island
Just to name a few .

1 - 20 of 38 Posts