Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I dont think you all understand how this works, there are several collectors in the US that "work together" to ensure that certain things retain there value in the "correct circles" theres a lot more too it than just thinking, that, or any car, is REALLY worth that sort of money....its a business "thing" (in this scenario)

...but, a '70, '71 Hemi 'Cuda is as good as it gets (obviously). I think, the one that Craig Jackson owns (Blow Job auctions) is the one I had offered in '86 for £8K. He paid $2.2mill for it I believe.

·
Registered
803 Posts
...but, a '70, '71 Hemi 'Cuda is as good as it gets (obviously). I think, the one that Craig Jackson owns (Blow Job auctions) is the one I had offered in '86 for £8K. He paid $2.2mill for it I believe.[/QUOTE]

How come you didn't buy it???!!!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
...but, a '70, '71 Hemi 'Cuda is as good as it gets (obviously). I think, the one that Craig Jackson owns (Blow Job auctions) is the one I had offered in '86 for £8K. He paid $2.2mill for it I believe.
How come you didn't buy it???!!![/QUOTE]
Probably because that was actually a lot of money for a musclecar back then, before the crazy price explosion. Remeber, people used to run Hemis, Shelbys and so on as regular street machines. Probably had more fun then too.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, they used to pull the Hemis out of plain-jane sedans like '66 Satellites & put 'em in dragsters. But we'd better not get into that...

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think these cars are bought by investors for large corporations and only see the inside of climate controlled storage units and get sold on for a tidy profit a few years later. I thought the most expensive yank ever was the Dodge Charger owned by John Schlesinger out of the Dukes of Hazzard. I remember it going for silly money a few years ago on Ebay? :beuj: Correct me if I'm wrong....

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
You may well be right johnny
I reckon the Hirohata Merc would become the highest selling US car if it ever comes up for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts