Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Ideally looking for a swap/PX for a pick-up truck(ideally modded), but will listen to cash offers, pick-up will be more practical for my needs.

Engine:

- 6.6 Litre Pontiac 400ci(not oldsmobile) / fully rebuilt with no more than 500 miles on it.
- Uprated internals
- MSD Ignition system
- Pro-Comp cams
- Quick remove rocker covers
- Edelbrock inlet
- Holley street avenger 670cfm carb
- Aluminium rad
- Headers

all of the above is brand new, no more than 500 miles on the above components.

Gearbox:

- Brand new THM350 with uprated internals (Still under warranty)
- B&M Quicksilver ratchet shifter

Interior:

- Black interior (very sought after)
- New seats
- Auto-meter Sport-Comp Oil / Water / Volt / Fuel gauges
- Rest of the interior is very tidy

Chassis:

- Fully powdercoated and painted chassis, 15k spent just on the underneath of the car!
- New fuel tank and lines
- New brakes and lines
- New suspension, front and rear
- New A-arms and other components
- New full Exhaust

Everything underneath is like new, and all powdercoated and painted.

Body:

It's in very good condition but could benefit from a respray, this was the last task of resto, but I kinda like old-ish paint, gives the car a natural aged character, but underneath and insides are almost brand new and drives and performs better than it would have done in 1978.

The car is also original Fisher T-Top model which is very sought after by Smokey and the bandit fans.

History/Extra info:

The car comes with shed loads of history, absolutely loads of reciept and paperwork, huge folder of full record of work over the years by the previous owner.

in addition to above, it has a brand new battery, re-cond starter and re-cond heater matrix

Bad Bits(no classic car is complete without it) :

- No heater unit (I use a 12v in-car heater, probably works better than the original heater blower)
- Ratchet shifter needs minor adjustment
- Needs T-top rubbers replacing, I have brand new pair which will come with the car, just need installing.

The car has just been brought on the road and I love it but its just not practical enough, so a pickup truck would be ideal, open to PX/Swap.

It's a very fast car, sounds amazing, drives great and goes great, very useable. I have probably missed out some info, if you have any questions just drop me a PM, would be happy to answer.

as per forum rules, price is £10,495 but if it's the right truck I don't mind swapping, may consider a land yacht(Caddy/Lincoln etc)

Full MOT and 6 Month Tax

Based in Leicestershire

Untitled by mcmlxxxv_ssr, on Flickr

transam1 by mcmlxxxv_ssr, on Flickr