Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all im looking at a change in direction at the mo poss selling my rod & convert projects to fund a pickup but not sure on what one to go for its gota be 60s with an 8' bed to take my bike plus have 3 bench seat also needs to sit low or be able to be lowered so that its easy to put a bike in the back so fire some ideas at me with pics if pos cheers in advance Guy
ps the bike is a victory hammer
ok hears another question how long is the bed on the elcaminos & rancheros

·
Registered
700 Posts
This is a longshot so here goes, 63 c10 in for sale section at the moment, low price, easy build, 8`2" x 5` bed (fleetside) Tailgate 16" and folds flat, will easily convert to air suspension for lowering and loading etc etc, truck is allready lowered,
Cool truck with plenty of origional patina,

·
Premium Member
4,452 Posts
Most old pickups are 6 foot 4 bed, BUT, if you leave the tailgate down they would carry your bike.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it needs to be an 8 foot bed as i need to tow a van with the bike in the bed as well the bike is 7'9" long

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a longshot so here goes, 63 c10 in for sale section at the moment, low price, easy build, 8`2" x 5` bed (fleetside) Tailgate 16" and folds flat, will easily convert to air suspension for lowering and loading etc etc, truck is allready lowered,
Cool truck with plenty of origional patina,
i have seen it in the for sale section & like it but not sure if its still going to be for sale when i have sold my projects as need the money from them to fund the new project

·
Got salt
1,305 Posts
How 'bout that '70 Dodge in the for sale section. Looks like a longbed, you'd have to ask.

None of the Elkys or rancheros would get a 7'9" inch bike in with the tailgate closed. Mid 60s Elkys and 72-78 Rancheros have the longest beds.

Had the same need a couple months back so I got this:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Guy. Mates got one and half 64 c10,s pop down for a week I'll lend you a welder with two butts we'll soon have a 8 foot bed sorted. Say hi to Clare.
Simon.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
kin el m8 i lost ur moby number a few months when i changed me phone text me or pm me ur number please back hows u .......be carful we may well take you up on that offer just to say hi, claires sat next to me as i read ur msg my bike in the shop again after some tart reversed into it in a petrol station knocked it over causing 3ks worth of damage
oh buy the way happy xmas si
ps need to sell the pontiac & 34 coupe 1st to be able to do it
tell me more about the c10 please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts