Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i left school in the 80"s and grew up with what i consider the best decade for music (compared to nowadays :shake:) mainly electo /synth stuff but ive almost gone full circle and im into rock music as well ..sabbath/ac.dc /metallica etc ..found this video from the 80"s the other day and spent a good few hours reliving my youth watching old videos i"d forgot about :D makes me feel old though ..:(

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 21 and 80's rock is my thing, absolutely love it! I was saying to a mate only yesterday that if this music was that good that everyone loved it (which they did according to you old timers HA!) that why has no one ever carried on the same style? the 'rock' bands nowadays are like chalk and cheese to the likes of AC/DC etc

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
i left school in the 80"s and grew up with what i consider the best decade for music (compared to nowadays :shake:) mainly electo /synth stuff but ive almost gone full circle and im into rock music as well ..sabbath/ac.dc /metallica etc ..found this video from the 80"s the other day and spent a good few hours reliving my youth watching old videos i"d forgot about :D makes me feel old though ..:(
So sorry to hear that you missed the 60s and 70s . . . . ;)

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Sorry guys but no idea how that can ever be called Rock. :beuj:

Dont hear the likes of Ozzie in an elevator but do hear this stuff. :Light entertainment at its best. Sorry

Oh and who the hell are AD/CD, sabbith and the others:incheek:

Ever tired the Velvets???

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love 80's music , even the "hair" bands. I graduated high school in '87 so I grew up with that music. I also like some 50's, 60's and 70's and some classic country like Johnny Cash. I watch a show called "Totally 80's" on VH1 classic over here in the US. There are some lame songs and some real good ones they don't hardly ever play but I like watching them anyway even though they make me feel old

·
Registered
533 Posts
I left school in '89 and find I'm re-buying all the stuff I used to listen to back then - having thrown away my cassettes some years ago!! However I like rock music, not Depeche Mode..... and there were some great bands in the 80s in my opinion. We're going to the Le Mans 24 hours this year, leaving the proper cars at home and driving down in an XR3i cabriolet and Golf cabriolet. As my XR is an '89 all music newer than that is banned. It's going to be Motley Crue, Faster Pussycat, Cats in Boots, Faith No More etc. for the entire trip. It's going to be a really good laugh and my main regret is having too little hair to go "in style"!!

The good thing is more back catalogues get released all the time to make the music accessible again, as CDs were just emerging back then. How long until the Hair Band revival, GnR covers etc.? Will 2015 be the new '80s? If it improves the current music then bring it on!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Depeche Mode were certainly a little lightweight inthe 80s,but Violator in the 90s turned them into a different act all together.Personal Jesus is a class song,and if someone like Johnny Cash covers your song it says something.I left school in 1980 ,so did all my gadding about in this decade.We had some great rock bands,The Cult,ZZ Top,Therapy to name a few.Personally cant stick the poodle haired tossers Bon Jovi and suchlike.Preferred things like The Smiths,The Cure ,The Mission and Echo and the Bunnymen.Favourite album of the 80s for me was The Colour Of Spring by Talk Talk,who remain ahead of their time.Went to stacks of concerts,U2,Simple Minds,Big Country,Dire Straits, Tina Turner and Live Aid to name but a few.Some great times,great and better care free days before the technology and suits took over the world.Good time to be alive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts