Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
57 convertible.

Pre-Brian was also owned by an old mate of ours Johnny Beard who had it in north London/Romford way - I can't quite pin him down to a year but he must have sold it to the fella Brian swapped the 58 police car for with it!

Anyhoo...

This is it, restored in Sweden - its mint!

I also have a picture of the white one from Croydon that was 24 hours from being crushed, also mint restored in Sweden - it has the screen out of Brians car with the SotF sticker still in it!

I'll find it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Is this 9846 KB i know its been on before. But it is a great pic from 1977/78.Sorry a mess up from me its a hardtop. Should have gone to Specsavers as they say.

·
Historian
1,564 Posts
This is the write up in Classic Journal 1977.
Ah so that's how you managed to put names to all the tri Chevys in the line-up on your slides Ken, and I thought you did it all from memory..........what did Ian Furey-King mentioned in that piece have back then? I remember his C-Cab and Kustom Zephyr but can't remember him having a tri Chevy

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Strange did not find that piece tell afterwards. Found some from Classic Journal. I am sure some one will answer the Ian puzzle Nick.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Ken You never fail to amaze me with your archive. I was there with the black car but what became of Pete Desolla's Convertible?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had that car for a while, when it was blue with a "Blue Flame" 6 in it. Last time I saw it was Bisley that year.
Aaah - Milt looked at a 57 four door hardtop down in Surrey in 1975 that needed work for 195 quid - could that have been it too!

I'm sure that was blue!

·
Registered
428 Posts
57 convertible.

Pre-Brian was also owned by an old mate of ours Johnny Beard who had it in north London/Romford way - I can't quite pin him down to a year but he must have sold it to the fella Brian swapped the 58 police car for with it!

Anyhoo...

This is it, restored in Sweden - its mint!

I also have a picture of the white one from Croydon that was 24 hours from being crushed, also mint restored in Sweden - it has the screen out of Brians car with the SotF sticker still in it!

I'll find it!
Is this the white one Stew.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts