Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many know I offer my help where I can re registration issues and BIVA / SVA testing. One of the problems I've seen is 'shared' registration numbers ie 2 cars claiming the same reg . This usually occurs when a car is bought to be rodded and all non required stuff is sold on, often to restorers.

Due to the DVLA points system a body from a chassied car does NOT carry the reg number instead it's the chassis and two major components.Just had a recent case where a chassis was sold on from a build back in the 80s and the restored car (with original chassis ) had just come onto the road and the Police had arrived at the rod owners house to check why he also had the reg.! Exit Police with reg document ( well DVLA pulled it but it's not as dramatic) .

Now in this case there is something that can be done due to supporting paperwork but we all need to be aware of this situtaion. This happened over 25 years after the rod was first built!

If anyone needs any info feel free to PM as many cases / scenarios are best discussed on a one to one basis .

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More than that Scottie but this case is notable for the large amount of time before it came to light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts