Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Mark Ashman from the NASA to ask this question
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hi Mark, quick question I can see the price for the Nats for the whole weekend, but can you please tell the price for turning up on Sunday only and staying that night"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got be fair he reply within the hour this was he's reply to me

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bob,entry for Sunday only is £10 per car inc all passengers or the full weekend price sorry to say we dont do a sunday and sunday night option
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That didn't seem fair to me so mailed him again
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Mark for your fast reply
Please don't take this as argument with you as it not meant to be
£10 to get in on Sunday...but if we want to stay the night its £50
But that don't make much since to me I'm at a lost to think why there's not a reduction in entrance fee seeing that we have miss Saturday and the nights, Entertainment a lot of the guys have to work on a Saturday and can only make it for Sunday and monday..it don't seem fair...
Thanks again
Bob....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To date he not replied to the last mail.....

Again I cant understand why it is what ever day you turn up its £50 (thats if your staying the night)

Do you think there should be a reduction for guys who cant make it there for the whole weekend

Bob.......:smoke:

·
Banned
70 Posts
well i see the problem straight away bob, you contacted mark from NASA who is probably more interested in getting rockets and shuttles launched!!! as far as he is aware there isn't any entertainment on saturday night, it all happens on sunday when they do the space shuttle launches!!

You might get a better response by contacting mark at the NASC who might understand your query!! it's a long shot i know, but i may be right on this one...
Danny

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
:lol:

to be honest Bob, that sounds normal for most weekend shows I know of.

No real point in starting a discussion about it here though 'cos whatever the outcome of the discussion it's not going to change anything is it ?

If people do think there should be a reduced price then why not get in touch with the NASC direct :tup:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
well i see the problem straight away bob, you contacted mark from NASA who is probably more interested in getting rockets and shuttles launched!!! as far as he is aware there isn't any entertainment on saturday night, it all happens on sunday when they do the space shuttle launches!!

You might get a better response by contacting mark at the NASC who might understand your query!! it's a long shot i know, but i may be right on this one...
Danny
Yeah but Bob always was a bit of a Space Cadet :incheek:

·
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opps........NASA Lol......:lol:

Marks reply after seeing the post..............

No worries I'm not taking it personally as basically it's been NASC policy for the 35 years the Nats has been in existence and as far as I'm aware most weekend events whoever runs em follow the same policy. The Nats has always been a full weekend event with a public show and shine on the Sunday and as such our members/guests etc arrange their working/domestic commitments around those weekend dates.

There are quite a few reasons why we enforce the full weekend rate being charged and one of the main ones is the fact that our headline bands have a huge following all of their own and we receive hundreds of call from their fans asking for a price for Sat or Sun night stopover only. Quite a few of them still come for the one night and pay the full price and we have no justifiable reason to refuse as we are open to non members as long as they pay the full non members weekend price. If we offered discounts for one night stopovers we'd be flooded out with guests /fans who have no interest in our sport whatsoever and this presents its own set of security problems etc.

Also if we did it for the Sunday we would have to offer it for Sat night only too. We'd then get people taking advantage and 'forgetting' to go home on the Sunday.

We have to do what's best for our membership and it's in everyone's interest's security wise to run as tight a ship as possible. When we take over that showfield we are in effect the size of a fair sized village and policing and keeping people and property safe over a whole weekend is already becoming a very expensive job.

If you are still unhappy with this response and you are an NASC member I would suggest you write to me again nearer the AGM fully detailing your concerns and we'll raise your question.

I was disappointed to note that you felt the need to take this issue to a public forum without waiting for my response. As you can see it took a little more time to give you a full explanation than it did to compose my original response. I'm a couple of weeks away from our biggest show and trying to juggle my day job, running the NASC and boring stuff like eating, drinking and sleeping is problematic. As you decided to put the content of my first personal mail to your good self on the forum I trust in the name of fair play you will also be posting this one in its entirety.

Regards

Mark Ashman
--------------

Good reply Mark Thanks

Bob......

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Bloody typical, we get there Friday, two days and nights of partying. On Sunday we are all feeling frazzeled and trying to get in the mood for another nights revelry (we usually manage it though don't we Bry) and who arrives but Bob fresh as a daisy and full of windups.
Still, better late than never, I can't wait.

As Bob says good reply Mark.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
I dont think i can cope with 48 hrs of self induced abuse,AND then 24 hrs of Sir Bob's (25 years worth FFS):scared:Bry

·
Premium Member
572 Posts

Danny
:pmsl: :pmsl:

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
NASA Got Funky!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Another english robbery

Yet again we get ripped off. We have just got back from the u.s.nats and if you pre enter the pass for all of the event is 25 dollers and for the day it will cost about 8 dollers and pre entries get a goody bag with 2 passes and a dash plack cup etc. And this can get 2 adults ito the showw every day. So that is why we should vote with our feet and dont go to the nats hear derek.

·
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yet again we get ripped off. We have just got back from the u.s.nats and if you pre enter the pass for all of the event is 25 dollers and for the day it will cost about 8 dollers and pre entries get a goody bag with 2 passes and a dash plack cup etc. And this can get 2 adults ito the showw every day. So that is why we should vote with our feet and dont go to the nats hear derek.
And there's me thinking I was the only one who thought the same Derek......go to show three's a lot who wont stand up for the right things
But I guess as Mark says the only way to change it ...is to join "The Club" and put your / our case to the Committee...

Bob....

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Sorry no ripoff here from either NASC OR NSRA. If you were a member of either you'd be privy to their acconts and see that the events barely make a profit ...if at all. If the voluntary members of both organisations actually CHARGED for their time then the events would be even more expensive.
If 'you' want a weekend full of entertainment then it costs simple. The events in THIS country are not sponsored by anyone . Compare what you get from the events with the cost of camping at a campsite or attending a decent gig somewhere.

If you don't go to the Nats ,or any event 'to show them' they are too dear the next year will either be dearer ( as it costs the same to put on if 10 or 10,000 turn up ) or reduced entertainment or simply not there at all.:tdown:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
i'm happy with the entry fee, just wish it was a bit closer just done a 700 mile round trip to the hayride, got another 300mls to kyle this weekend and 680miles to the nats and back the week after next....... get in :tup:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
i for one have been at many NASC and NSRA shows, the price i feel is fair if you look at what it costs to put on these sort of events. the clubs ( NSRA NASC) dont make a profit from weekend attendees as far as i can see they only make a profit from jo public on the sunday. the people that run these shows do it for love of our hobby not profit, i have helped out at the nats since its days at chelmsford and all the commitee and helpers are volounteers (i know a couple of people on here give up their time unpaid to ensure its a safe and enjoyable place to be). if more people would offer a few hours of their "fun" time to help out it would be a lot easier for the dozen or so people who put these shows on. i for one will be at the show ground (unpaid) from wednesday ensuring that fire points are erected and water butts are put all over the show ground (these dont just appear people have to perposely put them out) if you arnt happy with what you get then maybe you should try to help out and see how much effort goes into these shows from volounteers who just want to see our hobby grow, we arnt in america where everything has huge sponsourship so please bear this in mind when you critisise what the NASC and NSRA and any other small club try to do to put on a show for people who obviously dont apreciate the effort. WITHOUT THEM THERE WILL BE NO SHOWS.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Mick, as you know I used to organisre the Wheelers Hayling show in days gone by and we often had moans about the cost ...that was 'til we sent them to the gatehouse to find out how much camping was for a normal non rod show weekend.

·
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Best take the gripes directly to the NASC instead of moaning on here. They've got their own site now :tup:

http://forum.rodandcustom.co.uk/
Si I'm at a lost why you keep saying that "Moaning"...this is our home for now...if we all want to the other forums on everything we talk about there would be no one here ......just like the N.A.S.C.....its new and at this time no goes there look >>>>
Total posts 72 • Total topics 45 • Total members 57 •

Look I'm not knocking any one in the NASC and I'm defiantly not knocking any one who gives up their spare to run it...I've done all the stuff myself....

All I asked why should someone have to pay £50 for one night when others who stay there for 3 nights or longer pay the same £50 .....

It was a fair question..and if you check post No,6 here you well see I got my answer

Bob.....:smoke:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Sorry bob but I only said moaning once :tup:

Your post was questioning the charge, you got an answer from Mark and that seemed to settle things. Question asked ... Question answered :tup: Nowt wrong there and I'm not saying what they do/what they charge is right or wrong just that it's entirely up to them.

My reply was to Derek who revived the thread after 6 days to say that 'we' were getting ripped off compared to the states.

Personally I can't really think you can compare anything done over here to something in the states (cost wise). For starters, the ££££ air fare to get there kinda busts that argument :D

Hence, my reply.

So the thread got bumped up with a "Vote with your feet" and I could see which way it would begin to head. When it turns to this then it's generally stepped beyond a discussion as no reasonable argument for the other side would be listened to.

That's when it turns into moaning. The reason I pointed to the NASC forum is that moaning on here about it has no benefit whatsoever. No-one's gonna change the rules/prices etc. just because something was said on here. I pointed to the NASC's forum so that if anyone wanted to carry on the 'discussion' about what the NASC charge for entry to the NASC's event then they could do it where the discussion may be of use i.e. where the people that run the NASC would see it.

After being given the best direction for who to talk to carrying it on on here just looks like moaning i'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts