Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

A question to NASA

Tags
nasa question
3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Stitch 
i for one have been at many NASC and NSRA shows, the price i feel is fair if you look at what it costs to put on these sort of events. the clubs ( NSRA NASC) dont make a profit from weekend attendees as far as i can see they only make a profit from jo public on the sunday. the people that run these shows do it for love of our hobby not profit, i have helped out at the nats since its days at chelmsford and all the commitee and helpers are volounteers (i know a couple of people on here give up their time unpaid to ensure its a safe and enjoyable place to be). if more people would offer a few hours of their "fun" time to help out it would be a lot easier for the dozen or so people who put these shows on. i for one will be at the show ground (unpaid) from wednesday ensuring that fire points are erected and water butts are put all over the show ground (these dont just appear people have to perposely put them out) if you arnt happy with what you get then maybe you should try to help out and see how much effort goes into these shows from volounteers who just want to see our hobby grow, we arnt in america where everything has huge sponsourship so please bear this in mind when you critisise what the NASC and NSRA and any other small club try to do to put on a show for people who obviously dont apreciate the effort. WITHOUT THEM THERE WILL BE NO SHOWS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.