Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the second owner... !!! I will let the photos do the talking...

cleaned and running!!

just need to sort the brakes ,, a new water pump and exhaust .. but all in all a great find and suprisingly solid for a british car from 1958

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks .. It was a great find...
The chap who owned it died back in 92.. and this was the last time it was driven... he had just taken it for a service .. put it away in the garage and sadly never got to drive it again... He used to drive it over to worcester to the cricket .. and it took he and his wife to tenby now and again... His wife never drove it hence the reason its got no major body work issues!!!!:lol: it needed new plugs points coil leads blah blah... and it sparked right up... zorst is completely goosed and the brakes need going through.. but all in all its a great little car... I do know where there is a v8 flathead but i dont think that would go down too well with the wife... she has claimed it for her daily drive...

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Nice job and great photos of it's hibernation, that is a proper find. Car looks in really good nick!!! I remember them 30 years ago and they were as rusty as a rusty thing then.

John

·
originals hrc
573 Posts
excellent find!! i love A50's and A55's what a sweet little car.

hope you made use of the t cut that came with it :D

i reckon pale blue wheels and white wall flaps would look cool:tup:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
nice story and a good find, make's you wonder how many more "find's" are resting in lock up's on over grown driveway's?

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
If they were giving the best thread of the week it would be this one.........:tup:

Great load of pic, the 1st one with chain on the gate got me going
then you cleaning the drive I wanted to open the door myself ............ hurry up.....:mooooh: hurry up !!!!

But plssss don'tdont chop it ....:tdown:

Bob...........:D

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
love it and leave it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
thats a cracking find, and its cleaned up a treat. how the hell did you stumble across it ?

steve

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
I'm with the other guys. Great find and too nice to chop. And of course......we#re all dying to find out how you heard about it

Russ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have lived in this little area of Hereford for 14 years now.. its smack in the middle of the city.. An old victorian part of the town... I noticed this over grown garage the first week I moved into the area... But there was a little old lady who lived in the house .. I am 6ft1" and 19 stone .. the last thing I wanted to do was go tapping on the little old girls door and frighten the shit out of her,,, so I never asked / never knocked on the door...
any howzers... time passes on.. and eventually the garage gets soo frikin grown over that I just forgot about it.. you know the score.. its like a picture in your own house .. you know its there but you never look at the thing...
then just before christmas i get a call from my mates wife , she starts asking me if I know anyone who would know about this old car.. and where we could get rid of it.... my balls puckered right up... She knew I loved old rusty shit due to the 9 splitscreen vans i have restored over the years... so I was the lucky one who got the call...
now the connection... My mates wife was nursing the little old lady (Mrs Jones) in her home .. Mrs Jones had no children of her own ,But!! my pals wifes(The Nurse) dad was like a son to her...and the girl nursing her was like the grandaughter.. she had known Mrs jones all of her life... when Mrs Jones passed away He later finds out that she had left everything she had to him!!! He really did not have a clue... So.. the phone call asking me turns to me asking her what it was and what kind of condition was it in... She tells me its an austin cambridge a55... I do the internet thing and keep seeing these Fugly frikin cars popping up all the time.. Not worth alot and not really the prettiest sweet on the counter.. I also start thinking ,,,""a 50's british car that has been sat for 20 years ""!!! I am going to open that garage door and find aload of rat droppings and a shit load of rust.... How fukin wrong was I.... I went down there one cold winter evening to get my first glimps at the thing... Its dark,cold,and I have to fight my way through a rose bush some thorny bastard bush and other shrubery that i know fek all about, to finally get to the door... I open it expecting the worst But its dry.. no smell of rat shit ... and the car was just covered in webs and spent snail shells???!!! the doors open... I slam them and they closed perfect... i open the doors again... run my hands along the bottoms of the sills!! no rot no holes!!! the doors were perfect... the floor was perfect!!! I asked about paper work... "Its all in the house" keys "hanging up in the kitchen" .. now my arse is twitching,,, its a mark one not a mark fugly 2... its got all the right stuff still intact... the inside has never been pissed about with,, the outside is as it should be IF WE WERE IN CALIFORNIA... I couldnt believe it was so solid... so I ask the question... "can I have it???" ,, " its yours"... "no money just help me sort the shit out around the house and you can have the car" !!!!

And thats how the garage that was overgrown for all those years finally gave up its secret... The car is now registered in my name.. I am Its second owner,,, Mr Jones purchased the car from stroud back in the day .. 1958.. He and his wife used to go over to worcester to watch the cricket.. they took the odd trip to tenby in it.. and he used to have it serviced once a year regardless of if it needed it or not... He sadly passed away in 1992.. His wife never took the car out of the garage after she lost her Husband... I will and as you can see have started to get Mr ans Mrs jones little austin back to life,,, I have given it a good scrub up.. and its had new plugs ,points,coil,rotar arm,cap,condensor,,leads,, and once i got a good spark the car fired right up on the button... all the lights worked fine.. its like it was waiting to be found... I need to do a little more work to it ,,, it needs an exhaust ,, new tyres and the brakes need sorting out too... but i have driven it gently around the block a few times.. and its ace,,, I am going to keep it and use it as a daily driver as I think it should be used ... I might even take it on the odd trip to tenby... thanks for the interest and the kind comments...

toot toot cheers........................ nick...

Black Fez home - blackfez.co.uk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts