Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been on here a little while now and found the whole community really friendly and inspiring - theres some great stuff out there. Thought it was about time I introduced myself. My name is Laurence and I have a 55 series 1 chevy stepside pickup which I have owned for some years now but never found the time to get on with it. The time has now come and I am starting work soon albeit slowly at first as I need to get a lot of bits together for the truck. Also wayne from Odd Rods is going to help me with some fabrication and he is very busy at the moment. Currently the truck is all stock and was imported round about 1991 when it stood in an american diner in ewell, surrey called TJ,s where people sat in the bed to eat their dinner. I managed to rescue the truck from the diner when it was converted to a toby carvery as the owners were going to cut it up!!! The plan is a chevy 350 with a th350 or preferably 700r4 trans, jag front clip, live axle at the rear on a 4 bar set up.

Attachments

·
American Truck importer
11,742 Posts
welcome to the nut hoose Laurence. Quite a rare truck is a first series '55, and I see it's a 5 window too!- Kool.

·
Deviant
3,518 Posts
Welcome :tup:

Please take that jack and throw it away they are lethal definatly not made for lifting 2 tone trucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts