Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a customer who wants his bedford cf body shell acid dipped to remove old paint & rust
have tried surface processing but it is too big for them, anyone know of/used any other companys for this or should we just get it media blasted
any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
surface prossesing are the main people for this type of thing and there tank is massive, tbh i thought that they could have got that in:?: sids pop on here has had stuff oven baked off, and has been happy with the result, if you have it blasted it can warp but they use soda powder etc but you realy need someone who no's what there doing there,s a blaster local to me were my mate is taken a 38 ford truck to be done ill let you no how he gets on if you like:tup:

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Definately not dipped. Acid gets in the seams and you wont get it out, tiil paint starts peeling.
As me learned colleague BA Barracus says, I got my truck chucked in an oven, and given gas mark 12 for a few hours. All paint comes off, and it then gets a wash down. You end up with a surface rusty shell, that wipes off with a scotchpad. The downside is that it will need cross bracing all over to stop things twisting.
He is located in Oldbury, co-incidentally not too far from Surface Processing.
I did see one big Cadillac going in his oven, so I would imagine a CF would fit.

PM me for more details, if required

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.