Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the headlamp beam adaptors I have seen advertised. I assume these just stick on the outside of the lens. Main reason for asking is that certain headlamps are extremely expensive. One of mine recently had the glass lens just fall out and smash - new replacement OEM £342. If I buy a LHD one from Poland with plastic lens, it is about £80 inclusive but of course will dazzle oncoming drivers and would need correcting. Would this scheme be legal? ... Dave

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
I don't think they are legal really, they were designed for people on holiday in a different country to be able to take their car and fit the stickers so as not to dazzle, but this is supposed to be a very temporary thing, not permanent and I'm dubious as to whether it would pass an MOT, maybe and MOT tester guy could come on and clarify?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I will have a chat with local MOT station. Thanks for the comment but being a S.R.T.W. (State Registered Tight Wad) I am trying to find the cheapest way out. Dave

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have a plan - find a source in Australia who will export to UK. Having done so I find they have after market headlamps with plastic lenses. I think a plastic lens is much less likely to drop out like the original glass one. I realise plastic has its own limitations but dropping out isn't one of them. price is good too - ideal for a S.R.T.W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.