Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As before, site keeps jumping to adverts, ones for William Hill betting rather than gaming apps. On an I Phone 4S.

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
they are aware of the issue and there is a fix in the pipeline but it takes a few days for apple to implement the changes

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
As it seems to be a struggle for the tech team (sic) to sort this I have researched it myself and found there is a way to stop it on an iPhone:

Open Settings > Safari > JavaScript = off

No more William Hill popups and an added bonus is the site runs faster as its not loading up endless adverts and spam.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As it seems to be a struggle for the tech team (sic) to sort this I have researched it myself and found there is a way to stop it on an iPhone:

Open Settings > Safari > JavaScript = off

No more William Hill popups and an added bonus is the site runs faster as its not loading up endless adverts and spam.
Thanks. As mine is a works phone will that affect any email or other "non-personnal" settings?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The only effect I've seen is you can't scroll photos on browser based eBay as normal and some websites that have a comments section (news sites) won't work but then I just turn JavaScript back on and remember to switch it off when I come here!

Email and all that still works, unless you're using a browser based email client? Again just switch it back on. It's not a complete solution but it stops the App Store being opened by adverts on here.

·
Administrator
1,368 Posts
Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I will report this to our Ad team to look into so they can block the ads from the app.

~ dm, community support

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The adverts rotate. It's only (currently) the William Hill advert that forces the App Store. If you come to the site when that ad is not loaded then it will work as normal.

I don't know the frequency of ad rotation but I'd guess 30 minutes to 1 hour?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts