Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to send a bycycle appromimately 100 miles could I send it courier, do I need to wrap it ... and would anyone know roughly how much?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I want to send a bycycle appromimately 100 miles could I send it courier, do I need to wrap it ... and would anyone know roughly how much? Thanks
You can send it Express Sameday (eg CitySprint) at about £1 ish a mile, no wrapping required and its fully insured... or...
you can send it Nextday Service (eg UPS/TNT) charged per kilo, lots of protective wrapping required and sod all insurance. Dunno what it weighs but i would guess about £30 should do it.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I've just posted on shipley.com for a filing cabinet from Rayleigh Essex to Bournemouth , I'll let you know how I get on .

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Yeah I've used Interparcel for years and they are really good for anything over 2Kg within UK or International but I'm not sure if they'll take something as big as a bike , worth a try though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I can recomend Shiply. Got a Coke machine delivered from Brighton to Derby for £25!
Would've cost me more than that in petrol alone.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can recomend Shiply. Got a Coke machine delivered from Brighton to Derby for £25!
Would've cost me more than that in petrol alone.
Thanks for all your replies, its actually a bike, peddle sort, can measure it but anyone any idea of the weight a of a bike approximately, I cant lift it not alone weigh it.....

Thought of taking it but like you say the petrol will be more ...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't know where you are, or where the bike is going to, but you can take them on the train, for a small fee, I think, if it's convenient for stations.

That way you know it will not get damaged.

Saw one on the Interlink Express van the other day, and it just had a sticker with a barcode, on the handlebars! The driver said it stood little chance of arriving undamaged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts