Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Anyone got any friendly advice for a struggling teen doing his first Rod? :D i'll take anyany advice you can throw at me :tup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
dont give up and keep plodding, use some foresight and common scence and be realistic in your goal as its your first, oh! and gaffer tape dose work on struggling teens lol........

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts
what makes you think us old guys aint struggling:incheek: if you havnt got lots of money,at least you got lots of time,:tup:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sell the ps, xbox & tv & go back to sleeping at night & spend more time in the garage :pmsl:

ADVICE ... never leave yourself open to ridicule :pmsl:
QUESTION... what advice would you like

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
My advice , buy a cheap yank, say an '80s chevy with a 350 V8 .

Hop up the engine and take it drag racing , spending money as you can afrord it going faster as you learn about engines.

Get a job in the motor trade so that you can learn and have the facilitys

Building a car from scratch , say a 32 ford , is a complicated process.

Start slowly and make it eay for yourself that way you'll learn and not loose interest

Good luck :tup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you don't know how to do something ASK, RESEARCH, & LEARN about it first.

DON'T guess and dive in - You will lose a lot of wasted time, it ends up expensive, and your collection of swearwords and plasters gets bigger.

...that little nugget has saved me a lot of cash, time and effort.

·
Registered
634 Posts
check to see if you can get insurance, most under 25 car'nt get any
What he said. You may find it more cost-friendly to take your time and put a v8 in, rather than rush and find out you can't get insured on a smaller engine. I (and a few others) can vouch for that!

Other than that, as other folks have said research every last bit...what other people have used, problems they faced etc. Take photos, read stuff, common sense stuff. Most people will give advice if you ask nicely enough!

If your at uni/college or whatever, get some government money wherever you can....It helps :tup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sell the ps, xbox & tv & go back to sleeping at night & spend more time in the garage :pmsl:

ADVICE ... never leave yourself open to ridicule :pmsl:
QUESTION... what advice would you like
im one step ahead of ya havent got games consols and i dont have a social life as i spend my evenings sorcing parts or working to keep her rollin :p and any general advice you can give is welcome

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My advice , buy a cheap yank, say an '80s chevy with a 350 V8 .

Hop up the engine and take it drag racing , spending money as you can afrord it going faster as you learn about engines.

Get a job in the motor trade so that you can learn and have the facilitys

Building a car from scratch , say a 32 ford , is a complicated process.

Start slowly and make it eay for yourself that way you'll learn and not loose interest

Good luck :tup:
haha yeah i should have but what ive got is what seems to be the cursed 34 :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts