Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just to introduce myself. I'm Ady and I live in Plymouth, UK.

I don't own a 'rod' as such. I currently drive a fully loaded Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible 2.0T 6 speed manual with 210 horses but often leave it in the garage in favour of an also fully loaded mountain bike which I use for commuting.

I know cyclists get a bad press but I wan't you all to know we're not all bad. I do 'take the lane' when necessary for safety reasons but always look for places to pull in and allow traffic to pass whenever I can. I'm always trying to promote good relations between cyclists and motorists as, lets face it, neither are going away any time soon! ;)

I run a YouTube channel called 'Search for YOUR REG on YouTube' where I highlight bad or discourteous driving. I use cameras both in my car and on my bike to do this, so I see things from both sides of the divide. It frustrates me greatly to see cyclists doing silly things like RLJing, cycling on the pavement etc. I post them too! I have on occasion 'chatted' with these individuals as their actions bring retribution on sensible cyclists like myself. Not to be seen to be a hypocrite, I'm aware we all make mistakes and therefore broadcast my own mistakes so that others can learn from them too. I can't say fairer than that!

I don't want to see our roads littered with cycle provisions any more than you do. Lots of these are useless and some are outright dangerous! What I'm hoping for is better understanding and awareness by both cyclists and motorists to make our roads a safer place for everyone.

I hope to have many a 'constructive' discussions with anyone who wishes to engage in such on the subject of cycling but I won't engage with haters or 'road tax' yellers etc. It's not helpful. I noticed someone on here has already said 'The government tax motorists, not cyclists'. So don't blame us. lol

Anyways, I'm off to visit your gallery and have a look at some of your nice motors.

Later dudes!

Ady

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I used to road race pushbikes (19,1/2 mins for a 10m TT), but that was up until I was old enough to get a Fizzy, then I haven't bothered since...

That was 26 years ago.

Welcome though.

·
Rekindled Dream
2,064 Posts
welcome and see you in the rants section. .. Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts