Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago there was footage of a 60s built Aero engined ford pop, , anybody remember??? or better, a link to the vids.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Correct Steve, got the CD somewhere.

Come to think of it, there's a possibility it was a cassette!!!!:shocked:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Now you are showing your age Alan! Incidently you weren't involved at Long Marston back in the early eighties were you?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
It did come free with Classic and Sports Car. I got a copy at home. I will TRY and remember to get it next time I go home.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Now you are showing your age Alan! Incidently you weren't involved at Long Marston back in the early eighties were you?
Sort of around the place, not involved at the track as such, just a local who went when I could. More involved with trying to keep my head above water with Street Rod and Machine 'occasionally' by 83 or so as it happens. Any reason for the question?

I also know I've seen that footage of the aero engined Pop, taken on a farm somewhere, I know I've got it somewhere, not convinced it's on a DVD though. Damn, I've got some searching to do this weekend. Might be on a vcr cassette.

Wish I thought it was on Betamax then I wouldn't have to worry about trying to find it.:S

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,742 Posts
Alan you're right it was on a VHS tape I think with 'Classic and Sportscar 'magazine.
I asked about LM as iI remember the track crew being great guys when I ran there. Just wondered if you had been one of them. Up to '83.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Not track crew Steve, just got really involved in the build up to the first Hot Rod Drags, prior to that just a track side spectator who happened to know some of the local racers. Hell, as an ex pat Londoner, I would have practically needed an interpreter to get in.:bigsmile:

Joke guys, joke.:tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts