Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thread is mainly centred around your choice and personal experience of "after market heads" SBF owners especially welcome!

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
Chose Brodix Race Rite oval port heads (despite name are 'street' heads) for my BB Chevy - comparatively small runners for a higher inlet velocity giving good low end power and efficiency (read as economy) but still able to run past 6500 rpm.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Had Edelbrock heads on the '39 when the engine was rebuilt - massive difference. Have Canfield ally heads on the 302 in the Zodiac but as it's not been run yet don't know how good they will be

·
Registered
390 Posts
world products windsor snr on my 306 smallblock ford, (cast iron ) great product , recomended.

·
Registered
112 Posts
edelbrock victor jnr made a huge difference compared to the performer rpm heads i used to run on my 347 sbf. Money no object i would have afr outlaw heads.

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ported my 289 heads but sold them to a friend who gave me a sum I couldnt refuse! they are making 320 bhp on his 289 but I now want to go ally for weight and obvious other gains,anyone got a pair of afr - edelbrock rpm etc that are surplus???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts