Rods 'n' Sods banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks just tried to fit my new air cleaner but the threaded rod that secures it is slightly too short,

Does anybody know what thread it is and how does it actually fit into the carb is it a carb off job??

Regards Stuart

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it out air cleaner looks petite compared with the other one in a massive engine bay lol

·
Stroker
5,442 Posts
Mmmm mmmm, very nice.

That's made my tired Thursday night better. :smoke:

Looks fab mate :tup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the pipe from the ported vacuum connection for?
The lowest one on the right??
That's going to my timed advance at the moment, I need to swap the left one to the right I'm just waiting for a new bit of hose

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The lowest one on the right??
That's going to my timed advance at the moment, I need to swap the left one to the right I'm just waiting for a new bit of hose

I meant the one on the left which is ported, the lower right one is manifold vacuum which you also need for the trans kickdown

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant the one on the left which is ported, the lower right one is manifold vacuum which you also need for the trans kickdown
The left one will eventually go to the dizzy and the right one will have my transmission line running to it

From what I've read it doesn't really matter which goes to right or left

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
From what I understand the transmission has to go to the manifold vacuum (right side) I've never quite understood the dizzy vacuum advance side of things so like electricity that's all magic to me. It does look good though, you've made a nice job of it all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts