Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right due to xmas upon us I've been in the attic to get the decorations down .Whilst up there I also brought all my die cast and plastic kits down , with the intention of selling them all off .
Heres the two custom kits Airfix produced the first I still have unstarted and the second I've only the box lid hung up in the garage .
The other pics are some of the unstarted kits ....

Phil...:tup:

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Heres the two custom kits Airfix produced the first I still have unstarted and the second I've only the box lid hung up in the garage .
Be good if these kits were re-issued "Retro Customs" :happy: ol yea dont forget the Capri they done aswell:tup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Milkman ,
Would like to sell them off as a job lot so as not having to get involved in posting each item .
There are 73 kits from the 70's through the 80's including 4 x 1/16 scale AMT Chevys , 1x 1/16 scale Linberg model T, a Linberg motorised T coupe 4 other Linberg early rods , 2x rare Jo-Han funny cars and loads of AMT 3in 1 kits , 2 in 1 kits ,rare Diamond in the rough kit comprising of a 1953 Ford pick up , 1940 Ford and a trailor in one box .
Monogram kits including Beer wagon, Lil Coffin , Pie wagon , Paddy wagon , Revell kits including Hotrod Specials Tony Nancy Hall of fame Dragsters 3 kits in one box , Hotrod special series The classics are back another 3 kits in a box .
Ed Big Daddy Roths The Mysterion and Beatnick kits .
Not sure though what they are worth ?

Phil... If anyone is interested pm me for contact details .....

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
Wow!:shocked: I remember them well. I got the Kansas Kruiser one year for Christmas off an uncle. Must be nearly thirty years ago? Here's a scan of the Airfix catalogue I found ages ago. Note the Rebel Rouser Victor estate.

"This kit never made it into production, possible reasons for this include lack of sales for the custom car series, Airfixs' deteriorating financial position at this time or even the racist connotations (in America at least) of the Southern Cross Rebel flag - although that didn't stop the General Lee!"

"Dean Benton tells me that the Vauxhall Victor estate was planned as a further release in this series and Airfix told him that they got as far as altering the molds so a re issue of the standard Victor is unlikely"

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Hi Milkman ,
Would like to sell them off as a job lot so as not having to get involved in posting each item .
There are 73 kits from the 70's through the 80's including 4 x 1/16 scale AMT Chevys , 1x 1/16 scale Linberg model T, a Linberg motorised T coupe 4 other Linberg early rods , 2x rare Jo-Han funny cars and loads of AMT 3in 1 kits , 2 in 1 kits ,rare Diamond in the rough kit comprising of a 1953 Ford pick up , 1940 Ford and a trailor in one box .
Monogram kits including Beer wagon, Lil Coffin , Pie wagon , Paddy wagon , Revell kits including Hotrod Specials Tony Nancy Hall of fame Dragsters 3 kits in one box , Hotrod special series The classics are back another 3 kits in a box .
Ed Big Daddy Roths The Mysterion and Beatnick kits .
Not sure though what they are worth ?

Phil... If anyone is interested pm me for contact details .....
you have pm

·
Nostalgia freak
4,994 Posts
Wow!:shocked: I remember them well. I got the Kansas Kruiser one year for Christmas off an uncle. Must be nearly thirty years ago? Here's a scan of the Airfix catalogue I found ages ago. Note the Rebel Rouser Victor estate.

"This kit never made it into production, possible reasons for this include lack of sales for the custom car series, Airfixs' deteriorating financial position at this time or even the racist connotations (in America at least) of the Southern Cross Rebel flag - although that didn't stop the General Lee!"

"Dean Benton tells me that the Vauxhall Victor estate was planned as a further release in this series and Airfix told him that they got as far as altering the molds so a re issue of the standard Victor is unlikely"

That must be why the standered kit goes 4 good money-i see this one go for £128.

Your pic of "Rebel Rouser" dident show:(would of been interesting to see that!:tup:.
Theres a guy who sells 1/32 scale resin bodyshells intended for slot cars...the FD Victor estate is one of them-and i think a salloon...his also got some interesting othere including a Austin A40 Farina..but there not cheap-£18

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
theres quite a few there i would like to buy, but 73kits in 1 hit just aint got the dollar for that :sniff:

PS dont leave them infront of the radiator as they'l warp!!

happy xmas :D:smoke:

·
70's Cresta,not the drink
1,265 Posts
theres quite a few there i would like to buy, but 73kits in 1 hit just aint got the dollar for that :sniff:

PS dont leave them infront of the radiator as they'l warp!!

happy xmas :D:smoke:
You don't need any more, your turning into a collector than a builder.
Have you started your comp models yet?
I may have to pull out of the comp and do them if and when, i'm just not getting any time at the moment. :sniff:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts