Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you watch "The One Show" it's on early evenings. One of there presenters is Alex Jones who to raise money for charity is climbing a 1200 foot rock face. I have so much admiration for her considering she was in tears at climbing a 90 foot rock face here in England. Really hope she manages it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Gotta feel sorry for the poor sod that has to follow her lycra clad behind :D up that cliff face for 2 1/2 days!:incheek:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
ridiculous!
that is an extremely challenging climb for an experienced mountaineer and they send Alex up there with virtually no experiance and only a few weeks training?.

absolute respect to Alex for taking on this challenge
its for a good cause and she was clearly moved by the suffering of the people she,s trying to help.

but
what if she fails?
she will be devastated and probably feel she,s let people down.
that would be soo wrong.

nothing against charity challenges as such.
cycle to John o Groats or run a marathon dressed as teddy bear fine but to ask someone with no experiace to tackle something like this i dont find entertaining.
it seems to me they just want to break someone to make a good [newsworthy] tv show.
wasnt nice seeing Davina being fished out of that icy lake in such a physical and emotional state recently either.

God bless Alex for trying her hearts obviously in the right place and i hope she makes it.
i,ll make a donation anyway.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
ridiculous!
that is an extremely challenging climb for an experienced mountaineer and they send Alex up there with virtually no experiance and only a few weeks training?.

absolute respect to Alex for taking on this challenge
its for a good cause and she was clearly moved by the suffering of the people she,s trying to help.

but
what if she fails?
she will be devastated and probably feel she,s let people down.
that would be soo wrong.

nothing against charity challenges as such.
cycle to John o Groats or run a marathon dressed as teddy bear fine but to ask someone with no experiace to tackle something like this i dont find entertaining.
it seems to me they just want to break someone to make a good [newsworthy] tv show.
wasnt nice seeing Davina being fished out of that icy lake in such a physical and emotional state recently either.

God bless Alex for trying her hearts obviously in the right place and i hope she makes it.
i,ll make a donation anyway.
Not a big fan of Davina but gotta say how much I admired her challenge, it was a fantastic gutsy achievement :tup:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
yeah chrisvs i feel the same about David Walliams.
I,m not a fan but respect to the guy for that thames swim he did for charity.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
when one of my workmates first told me about this i said
"i really hope the welsh **** falls of and gets splattered!"

my mate said
"no you daft bugger"

ALEX

not ALED!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts