Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
It seems the government just do not know what to do next, always trying to hurt innocent people and not trying to solve the real problems (rising crime rate, housing problem, overcrowding) I read in a classic mag earlier borris johnson said he wants all old cars banned from London city centre due to emissions, that would ruin a few decent shows.
Im sure they just make up ideas to justify their jobs.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
they will probably have started a third world war by then as our so called leaders cant keep there fecking noses out other country's affairs

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
I think the people living round Heathrow are going to get a bit confused on one hand they are going to be told that they can't drive their cars because of the emissions yet on the other hand they are proposing to build another runway so they can get even more planes landing and taking off at the same time.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I think the people living round Heathrow are going to get a bit confused on one hand they are going to be told that they can't drive their cars because of the emissions yet on the other hand they are proposing to build another runway so they can get even more planes landing and taking off at the same time.
yep think its time to start thinking bout moving from here

·
Registered
833 Posts
One mighty big hole in Mr Clegs proposal.......the car provides a massive amount of taxation revenue to run the country..take this away and VAT,income tax etc will have to rise dramatically to cover the shortfall.

These people keep getting elected and thus encouraged, by the simple fact most right minded people in this country can't be bothered to vote.....

·
Registered
833 Posts
GREEN IS THE NEW RED!they are like human sheepdogs,they have a constant desire to herd people up and chase down individuals who don't conform to the flock mentality.They don't see any good in anything and are the popularist face of totalitarianism.....the " well meaning" GREENS will end up costing us all our hard won freedoms, cars,holidays etc all in the name of saving the Planet.....for who? The rich and powerful and the movers and shakers in the Green movements will " always need their transport" ..I'm sick and tired of these idiots...they propose a rediculous policy and it gets it out there in open debate,the initial reactions die down a little but the seed has been planted....the other politicos come up with their versions that don't seem half as radical and the public lap it up and see them as moderates....then the next crazy idea and so on and so on.

It seems they are hell bent on putting us in the same position China was in until recently....total state control of every facet of your life,no material goods,no holidays, small boxes to call home,and every one on a bicycle ( well almost everyone eh?)

The next time you get accosted by a green or a LimpDumb supporter...tell them to Fuck Off!

·
Registered
833 Posts
You can hear the "save Paris now" slogans !being readied by the swizzle eyed greenies....here in Britain.

Again, the idea of using number plates ending in odd numbers as a way of restricting numbers on the roads is no obstacle to the rich who have access to more than one vehicle or the powerful who will be exempt.

Public transport goes around and around ,full or empty, spewing pollution.....to have the capacity to replace all the privately used cars it would need thousands of more buses and trains....crammed at peak periods but almost empty the rest of the time...meanwhile a car is used to get from a to b by the most direct route and parked up......

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
GREEN IS THE NEW RED!they are like human sheepdogs,they have a constant desire to herd people up and chase down individuals who don't conform to the flock mentality.They don't see any good in anything and are the popularist face of totalitarianism.....the " well meaning" GREENS will end up costing us all our hard won freedoms, cars,holidays etc all in the name of saving the Planet.....for who? The rich and powerful and the movers and shakers in the Green movements will " always need their transport" ..I'm sick and tired of these idiots...they propose a rediculous policy and it gets it out there in open debate,the initial reactions die down a little but the seed has been planted....the other politicos come up with their versions that don't seem half as radical and the public lap it up and see them as moderates....then the next crazy idea and so on and so on.

It seems they are hell bent on putting us in the same position China was in until recently....total state control of every facet of your life,no material goods,no holidays, small boxes to call home,and every one on a bicycle ( well almost everyone eh?)

The next time you get accosted by a green or a LimpDumb supporter...tell them to Fuck Off!
Spot on. Thought this for years.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

:yeahthat:
This so much sums up what is wrong with this so called strategy of "environmentalism"
If you don't mind Mr Veeytes I am going to plagiarise your comments (and the one below) and spread the word.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It's bleak but probably a reality. On the upside, let's remember that RIGHT NOW we can drive our big V8s, we can drag race, we can have fun. We, or at least the people who are just getting in to it now, are probably the last of our kind. Get out there & enjoy people!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'll be 82 in 2040 and if I'm still around I know exactly where I'd like to park a big nitrous powered V8 just before the ban takes effect . . . :D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts