Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stroker
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

have seen a show mentioned on the Bristol Hot Rod and NSRA site for a big Ford show / autojumble in Shepton Mallet-ish

Bristol Classic Car Show Events

The show looks to be an indoor event but means the cars have to remain in place.

Sounds great, may be up for it, but any ideas on how to get back to Bristol/Bath after dropping the car off as they aint got a train station ?

cheers
Jimbo

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Footman James show indoor show is quite boring as it is basicly the same cars year in year out. Clubs are booked years in advance and there is not much chance of getting your car in unless you are a member of one of the clubs and they ask you to bring your car to there stand. If you want to go and take your car for just a day as I do there is a classic car parking area outside the halls but inside the main showground fence. It is all hardstanding and if weather nice there are normally more cars outside as day visitors than inside and a better range as well. It costs something like £12 per person inc the driver to get in, but you can stick your mates or wife in the boot :) and you get a free mug and a sticker out of it. If you want to get back to Bristol the easyest way is to go outside the main gate and stick your finger out with a Bristol sign, though I think there is a free bus to Shepton center and you can catch a bus from there. The auto jumble is OK, mostly dealers selling chromed new items but the odd old interesting old part. I will be there in my Pontiac or on my old bike on Saturday if weather is good.

·
Stroker
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Johnny :tup:

Might go for a ride down just on the sunday then.
in desperate need of decent bumpers so can have a walk round the tut :D

·
/////////\\\\\\\\\
660 Posts
The Footman James show indoor show is quite boring as it is basicly the same cars year in year out. ......
would agree with you there having gone several times consecutively in the past but...

this looks like a re-vamped format to the Bristol Classic Show that used to take place at this time of year, however this time just Ford stuff. Auto-joumbe should be interesting, was always a good one in the past.

I'll be there with my meagre funds if possible...:S

Dom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.