Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this today over at the unit,the guy had called in to the harley shop to buy bits for his fatboy,he said he'd imported it from the states and it was hand formed in alli,amazing workmanship plus a brand new crat 427ci motor...must have cost a fortune!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Stunning ! (i was lucky enough to cop a ride in one of those 170mph on the M1)Bry

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
saw this today over at the unit,the guy had called in to the harley shop to buy bits for his fatboy,he said he'd imported it from the states and it was hand formed in alli,amazing workmanship plus a brand new crat 427ci motor...must have cost a fortune!!
You wouldn't want to take that out in winter when the roads have just been salted!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Looks like one of Kirkhams cars. Beautiful things made by ex-Mig fighter bodyworkers in Poland. They do them with satin racing stripes scotchbrited on too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
What a beauty , was it a one piece body ?

I've a mate near Diss who builds Cobra replicas for a living and one of the cars he has worked on had an ally body , just a work of art . He also builds 60's Aston DBR LeMans replicas and the body is made up from just three hand beaten and wheeled panels , they usually get painted and its a crying shame . When I have a spare £90k I'll be ordering one in a brushed finish :smoke:

·
Registered
277 Posts
There's one of those bodies hanging up above my car in the workshop, ex-Jim Blackburn Speed Specialities.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Yeah i remember that at Jims place and seen it Martins too ............ Many years ago when my brother worked for the AA there was a company at Brooklands turning out some lovely ally ones

I do love that finish though but would hate to be following it on a sunny day 8)

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
Yeah i remember that at Jims place and seen it Martins too ............ Many years ago when my brother worked for the AA there was a company at Brooklands turning out some lovely ally ones

I do love that finish though but would hate to be following it on a sunny day 8)
Er - Brooklands Vince? - that would have been AC Cars?

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
No Wonder they were nice ............... lol
Is it wrong to say that perhaps some of the best 'Cobras' arn't Cobras (is you follow what I mean?) :shake:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
buy a fibre glass one and have it wrapped in aluminuim lots cheaper:tup:

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Gerry Hawkridge (Hawk cars) had an Ali bodied Cobra replica at a kit car show I went to a while ago, apparently he had these made in one of the old East Bloc countries too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts