Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I am on the Lookout for a nice set of Alloy Wheels for the 1985 V8 Custom CF Van I am having built. There are actually a "Half Decent" set of Black Alloys fitted at present, but I am on the lookout for something like a nice set of Chrome Torq/ue Thrust`s, Cragars or Appliance`s, or certainly something along these lines. At present, there are 5 x 4.75"/120.65mm PCD Hub Adaptors Fitted, which are Chevy/Jag Pattern, so I could go for this PCD again no problem, or you never know, someone may have a set of wheels with the original 5 x 6" Bedford CF PCD, although I have personally only ever come across a few sets of 15" Dia "Superslots" with this very rare 6" PCD. So, its probably going to be a set of 5 x 4.75" or 120.65mm PCD Alloys, with an Offset/ET of 10 - 20. I would prefer if at all possible to buy a set of 17" Dia x 8" Wide Rims only, as I already have 6 x Very Good 235 x 17 tyres. :roll:

If you can help, please get in touch.

Dave. :tup:

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Just a little tip Mike/Dave, BMW PCD is so close to Chevy/Jag its not worth worring about if your looking for 17/18in wheels [the front BMW M3 wheels on my CF are on adaptors] just check the offset.................... Dave.

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
the cf front hubs can be drilled to chevy/jag stud pattern , wobbly bob has done his and they work fine , he drilled them to chevy pattern , then tapped the holes to accept new studs , when they were screwed through the backs were migged at high amps to secure them. ade

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a little tip Mike/Dave, BMW PCD is so close to Chevy/Jag its not worth worring about if your looking for 17/18in wheels [the front BMW M3 wheels on my CF are on adaptors] just check the offset.................... Dave.
Thanks Dave. I already knew that the BMW PCD is 120mm, but being Metric, I didnt want to risk it, and find out that 0.65mm made too much difference with the fit !!. Now I have spoken to someone who has actually fit a set onto 4.75" PCD Adaptors, it opens up a whole new world of choice. (Offset permitting !). There is a load of choice on Ebay in BMW 5 x 120mm PCD, including some real Blingy Chrome Stuff !!. :cool:

Cheers,

Dave. :tup:

·
Worn Out Fanny Magnet.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:sniff::sniff::sniff: Mwaaaaah, nobody will sell me any wheels, I`m gonna tell me Mom if you dont !!!!. :sniff::sniff::sniff::wacky::wacky::wacky:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts